Shaving with the right BUllET

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Badger-Face, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

I got a 1910-1920's Gillette open comb DE from my grandmother. The handle has cracks on the top and bottom. I looked it up and that's normal for these razors. I was going to fix it with some epoxy but came up with a better plan. I have seen a few threads on here about people making their own handles for there razors and thought I would give it a go. It would be really cool to have my own custom razor after all. So I went to my work shed and started looking for things to use. I found a few ideas in there but, all of a sudden my eyes went by a old rifle bullet casing I had on a shelf. Lightbulb..... It took me a while to figure out how to use it. First I made the hole in the top and pushed the end piece off the origami handle. I didn't really like that because I still want to fix the other handle later. So I thought about it a moment and then Lightbulb.... I took a wall anchor and pushed it into the bullet and then screwed on the cap. Now I have my own custom bullet handle DE razor. Pretty cool huh?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Very cool razor handle!! I like it alot!! Unique,inexpensive and weight adjustable, only downside no knurling, but I can think of some ways around that.....:) You could use a pistol case for a travel razor...

Badger-Face likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not to worry about the knurling - my chrome Future is smooth and I have no grip issues with it at all.

A very cool idea!

Badger-Face likes this.
  5. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Simply solution you found. Ingenious.

Badger-Face likes this.
  6. Badger-Face

Thanks guys. Glad y'all like it. I might gather up some bigger rifle shells and make some more.

HolyRollah likes this.
  7. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Now THATS cool, good job.

Badger-Face likes this.
  8. Badger-Face

Thank you my friend. :)

9. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

VERY NICE! Is that a .308 ?

Badger-Face likes this.
  10. Speed

Speed Member

Love it!Brass and brass. :bang:

Badger-Face likes this.
  11. Badger-Face

Thanks 30/30 but yeah same thing really. :)

12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That's pretty darned cool! :)

The cracks in the original handle can probably be repaired with low temperature silver solder. Shops that fix musical instruments can usually do this. After replating, the handle will look good as new.

Badger-Face likes this.
  13. Dusan

Dusan Active Member

That's cool!

Badger-Face likes this.
  14. Badger-Face

Thanks for the info. I was reading about putting a metal rod on the inside and filling the whole thing with an epoxy. put the caps on, put to clamps on the ends to keep it tight, and let dry. They say it wont crack any further. IDK

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

20mm Razor…..Makes the Merkur Vision look like a toy….:p
    [​IMG]

16. KingChoss

KingChoss Member

Thats awesome..I have a new project!

Badger-Face likes this.
  17. Badger-Face

Well crap. I thought I was being original lol. Anything I come up with has been done. Now that makes a big handle. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

BIllyBowlegs likes this.
  18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That is a good point. I am not sure if the low temperature solder will keep the cracks from progressing, but it seems like it might. Epoxy is inexpensive, effective and expedient, however, just like your 30-30 solution.

Badger-Face likes this.
  19. BIllyBowlegs

BIllyBowlegs Well-Known Member

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in shaving. I would like to see someone actually shave with it though

Badger-Face likes this.