Stirling Body Soap-What's Your Favorite?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by FatherofSquirrel, Feb 1, 2014.

1. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

I have to admit it, I am a stirling addict. The only other shave soap I have used is the VDH that came with my xmas razor, soap and mug. But I really like the stirling products

So, I have tried the Pig Trail, the Pink Grape Fruit, and the Barbershop.

Pig Trail is my favorite so far with the Grape Fruit in second.
    Pig trail smells so good.
    I have the Scottish Pine Sheep Soap but haven't tried it yet.

What are your favorites? Why?

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'm almost afraid to ask, but I will anyway. What does "pig trail" actually smell like?

Bristle Me and Weeper Warrior like this.
  3. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

For body soap I have been using the vanilla sandalwood and it is very nice scent and performs very well. Next on the list I need to decide on trying the tuscany, Christmas eve, and Shea butter. Before trying the stirling soap I was using the Dove for men soap bars which were fine but just smelled meh and required a lot of lathering and did not last long.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  4. FatherofSquirrel

According to Rod, the Pig Trail is the same as the Ozark Mountain Shave Soap. It's a very piney/evergreen smell.
    Not like Christmas evergreen smell. It has a an earthy scent also.

I'm not good at describing things, but it smells great. Fresh.
    SWMBO says it is a man smell. Not old man like Clubman products, but a man smell.

Anyway, I like it.:)

Yeah, Dove didn't last long at all. I am trying to figure out how to make these soaps last as long as possible without cluttering up the b-room.

Bobcat likes this.
  5. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Just wrapped up the sandalwood vanilla bath soap after almost a month day to day use. Great soap and scent. Today I opened the Tuscany soap and man this is another great scent and performance soap, unfortunately only have the sample size of this soap so next time it will be a full bar.

Bobcat likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My current soap is Stirling Spice.

FatherofSquirrel and Bobcat like this.
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Margaritas in the Arctic
    Ozark Mountain
    Spice
    Clubman
    Scots Pine Sheep
    Lavender Sage
    Barbershop

Have not used the Anise yet............

8. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Im honestly a little hesitant on the anise...that beast is strong, I have it segregated in the medicine cabinet where I put brushes that are defunking.

9. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

I have been using the Stirling Irish Spring type soap. It smells great! Sandlewood and Tuscany are up next!

bzero007 likes this.
  10. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Are they as moisturizing as Dove? Everything else ie ivory dries my skin out.

11. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

They moisturize but atleast the sandalwood and Tuscany leave your skin feeling old school soap clean with out the left over residue that makes yea skin slippery smooth.

fram773 likes this.
  12. FatherofSquirrel

Rod makes a MITA body soap?

crackstar likes this.
  13. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

I've only tried lime and pink grapefruit. I really liked the lime, it has a very strong and nice lime scent unlike a lot of other lime soaps I've used. The pink grapefruit really doesn't smell of anything, at least my bar doesn't, but it works well as a soap. I really want to try the mentha scrub, I'll just have to wait until I need a soap restock.

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I use the Smart Dressed Man, and the lather qualities are amazing; it leaves my skin feeling much less "scummy" than commercial soaps. I also have a sample of Mentha Scrub, and it is definitely a refreshing face scrub soap for me. All in all, I'll be using Steeling body soaps pretty much exclusively from here on out.

15. FatherofSquirrel

So I am super well stocked, but once again, rod has new wonderful products and always something on clearance. Oh well. I'll make myself wait and hope I don't miss out on too much.

I have Lime body soap to try, Shea Butter Oatmeal, Sheep Fat and Scots Pine Sheep Soap. Plus a near new bar of Barbershop and 2 new bars of pig trail. So that's close to six months because these soaps last a long time.
    Also have a well stocked supply of shave soap.

The Black Ice WHAS pairs wonderfully with the Barbershop body and shave soaps.
    Wife loves the scent.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I was at the site the other day and started adding some of this and some of that to my cart. Before I knew it I was at $30 odd, which is a lot when you consider the prices.

17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I've only tried Scots Pine and the Unscented type. Both were excellent and I will be buying more from him.

FatherofSquirrel and crackstar like this.
  18. FatherofSquirrel

I know what you mean. So much good stuff and now he has the brush and soap puck deal going on and the Spearmint WHAS on clearance. Must. Show. Restraint.

19. Wells1229

Wells1229 Active Member

I just had a bar of the Sharp Dressed Man come in. I've wanted to try their products and this one was highly rated. Can't wait to try it out tonight. Also came with a sample of Tuscany. They both smell great on just the bar, very different smells, but great nonetheless.

20. FatherofSquirrel

The sharp dressed man reminds me of something, but i can't put my finger on it.