Proraso?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Mitch, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Question Proraso lovers: I use Proraso splash in the summertime and I absolutely LOVE the fragrance. (So does my wife). It's tough on my skin in the winter though. I tried the balm thinking that would be a solution and I was disappointed that the fragrance is not the same. Does Proraso make any other aftershave or cologne products that have the same scent as the splash or is that it?

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Have you tried buying some glycerine and adding it to the Proraso? That could always help, it won't change the scent but make it a little more moisturising. Just don't add too much or you'll end up with a greasy, sticky face. As far as I know, only the green splash has that scent, unless you're looking to use the pre/post cream as an aftershave.

3. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

That's what I thought. That is such a classic fragrance I really wish they would consider expanding it to cologne or other products.

BIllyBowlegs likes this.
  4. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Totally agree!

5. BIllyBowlegs

BIllyBowlegs Well-Known Member

That could be a suggestion for Joanna over at the TSD shop

6. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I would just add a little glycerin in your hand and rub the AS in and smack it on your kisser! Honestly a drop or two would do the trick. And you can enjoy it all year long. It's a great scent. I'm kinda glad my face is a little oily all year. That way I can use the Proraso all the time! ;)

7. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

I don't have any glycerin on hand, but I did find some Jojoba oil in my medicine cabinet. I added a couple of drops of that this morning to the Proraso and it worked great.

8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I tried Proraso for the first time today and was not impressed at first, but after it had time to mellow I was in love. this stuff smells great.

Mitch likes this.