SoS: February 17, 2014 - February 23, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Feb 16, 2014.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Both of those razors —even the Slim adjustable dialed up, are on the milder side. SS is one of the mildest (note: not the Red Tip) razors I've ever owned. It's a great introductory razor for those getting into wet-shaving, though.

2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

IMG_20140220_181003_209 (Copy).jpg
    Razor: The Telly
    Blade: Big Ben
    Brush: BF Greenie
    Soap: Stirling Iced Coffee :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    AS: Floid Blue

First use of the Iced Coffee soap. The COLDEST soap I have ever used! Not a big menthol guy, I as I usually never feel it in creams or soaps so don't see the point. This stuff is a super face freezer!

It to me doesn't smell like coffee exactly. It smells like walking into a really good coffee shop. I know a coffee shop smells of coffee but I was expecting coffee bean scent and it isn't that to me.

moz68, vwp528, oscar11 and 18 others like this.
  3. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Thanks for naming the razor! :cool: It is one of my favorite combos. It gives the Stahly a little more aggressiveness.

But.....it is actually chromed brass. It does weight 111 grams, though. :happy088:

Tdmsu, oscar11, ram57 and 1 other person like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Well, I once didn't shave for five days some years ago because I was suffering from a bad flu. My wife and in-laws tell me in French, "Jeff, tu as une barbe verte" which means "Jeff, you have a green beard" because my beard is very black, (now it's becoming grayer) very heavy, and it grows very fast. When I was finally able to shave again, I needed six passes, and I had to change the blade twice in order to get a good BBS.

5. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Shave of the Evening 2-20-2014
    2-20-14.JPG
    Been too lazy lately to take pictures. Been enjoying some good shaves with this gear combo, switching only between my two synthetic brushes.

Prep: hot shower, Nivea Men Moisturizing face wash (new)
    Razor: Standard Razor
    Blade: Super Iridium (4)
    Soap: RazoRock Green Tea Sensitive Skin
    Brush: Muhle V.2 Black Fibre

Can't get enough of my synthetic brushes since I picked them up. Will do a video or two with them soon. Stay tuned. http://www.youtube.com/user/JRod22TSD

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My Semogue was good from the beginning, and it has never lost a hair. My favorite boar.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now that razor handle still can be a HOSS which now stands for Heavy chrOmed braSS!

LifesShort, crackstar, ram57 and 2 others like this.
  8. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Hot shower
    Stirlings Barbershop body soap
    homemade PSO
    Stirling Barbershop shave soap
    HD 23c
    Still handle-less VDH badger brush
    Stirling Black Ice WHAS--love this stuff

I think I said it before, but the Barbershop and the black Ice is great together.

9. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

crackstar likes this.
  10. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Have you tried cold water shaving? I don't swear by it but when times are tough, it definitely helps!

crackstar and ram57 like this.
  11. BIllyBowlegs

BIllyBowlegs Well-Known Member

I would have given up by the fourth pass

crackstar and ram57 like this.
  12. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Prep: Shower
    Razor: ER 1924 +ER 1912
    Blade: Treet
    Brush: HIS
    Lather: Proraso red tube
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
    Results: BBS

Night shave and not a good one. This was my first time using the Proraso red with the ER 1924. Mistake. The Proraso did not have enough cushion and slickness for this hyper-aggressive razor. Some nicks and irritation before I switched to the 1912. I guess the tallow does make a difference. I will be placing another order for Stirling soon...

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Silver Gillette NEW, SC.
    Arko, SOC Boar, Stirling Coniferous, Nivea ASB. Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue.

Maybe the blade is getting dull or I have been using my other more aggressive razors more lately as this shave did NOT feel efficient.

[​IMG]

14. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

Prep: Shower
    Razor: Merkur 42
    Blade: Bolzano
    Brush: Silvertip
    Lather: HTGAM Lime
    Cologne: Burberry
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
    Results: DFS
    sotd4.jpg

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Friday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Bath Soap
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch(Sheep’s Milk)
    Razor: ’66 Gillette Slim
    Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow Sharp Edge (2)
    Brush: Plisson Grey Badger 22mmx52mm
    Aftershave: Speick

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angle for my beard a bit)

I got this puck of Haslinger in a PIF and finally pulled it out. If lathered easily in my hard water, producing a nice, creamy lather with a fresh scent. The Slim and Yellow did well together again I finished up with Speick.

Bob

[​IMG]

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

223796453.jpg 444_gel_01-340x340.jpg palmmenthwt.jpg Sk16_9.jpg Friday:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Permasharp day 5
    Italian Palmolive Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Santos de Cartier EdT

It felt so great to freeze my face off after not using any menthol stuff yesterday - the Palmolive Menthol cream with its lovely minty scent and icy lather really did the trick for me. The 444 balm and the Aqua Velva delivered lots of additional chill and made my skin feel fantastic. BBS again with so little effort. ;) :D

Have a nice weekend, folks! :)

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gillette LC New Weber Bulldog
    Rapira Swedish Supersteel
    Omega Baby Pro
    Tet-A-Tet SC
    Alum
    Tet-A-Tet ASB

19. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Gillette New LC
    Supermax Super Stainless (d2)
    Vulfix 2235 Super
    Arko (in bowl) -Face Lather
    Dickenson Witch Hazel
    Master Bay Rum A/S

20. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD Feb 21 -- Blade safari day 18

Prep: hot shower
    Razor: WW2 Gillette Khaki with ball end handle
    Blade: Israel Viking Sword (day 2)
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Proraso white
    Passes: 2 (WTG, XTG)

It's getting cold again so back to the Proraso white, an all around great soap. My lather was a little wetter then I like, but it still worked. The Israeli Viking worked too...

I got a little carried a way with touch ups and pretty much added a third ATG pass. That extra pass did cleanup some trouble spots but not all of them. No irritation at all with the shave either.