Putting together a wetshaving groomsmen gift, would love ideas

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by blanka, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You could also include a bottle (or even the mini flask) with some home made PSO.)

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'd go that route over the whiskey; then again, I don't drink.

3. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

My concern about doing something like this is the travel factor. We'll be flying, so don't want to risk stuff leaking.

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good point. In that case, maybe it's not such a good idea.

5. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

Like the idea, but stick to your shaving theme IMO. Instead if a flask, maybe a bottle of Clubman replaced with your own custom label.

blanka likes this.
  6. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Breath mints, the travel size tylenol (either the 2 capsule or small tube size) , and maybe some cheap shoe shine wipes would be inexpensive additions that are useful.

http://lafreshgroup.com/shoe-shine-48ct.html $15 for 48 shoe shine wipes.

A more expensive idea but it completes the kit, you could get an inexpensive dopp kit bag embroidered with their initials.

blanka likes this.
  7. blanka

I would, but I'm being cognizant of the groom's request for an "Old Vegas" theme. The wetshaving part of the gift is simply me imparting a piece of my own personality.

8. blanka

:) totally doing the Tylenol thing, that's priceless! Actually, the shoe shine wipes would be great, the groom does like to shine his shoes.

9. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

If it's "Old Vegas," you're in need of throwback to the "Rat Pack."

blanka likes this.
  10. blanka

So bummed! I just received the boxes of wooden matches that I ordered as part of the gift and found out that I can't bring them to Vegas. Current TSA rules only allow "safety" matches to be transported, not strike-anywhere matches. Even if I mailed them to our hotel ahead of time, the guys still wouldn't be able to bring them home. Darn... I'll have to post pics later, they are super cool looking.

11. WetShaveObsession

WetShaveObsession Well-Known Member

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Arko sticks with a photo of the groom replacing the Arko guy on the stick :)

blanka likes this.
  13. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Awesome idea. If you are going to be flying to Vegas you may want to leave out the blades and scoop them up at one of the local pharmacies.

14. BIllyBowlegs

BIllyBowlegs Well-Known Member

Blanka if you are still considering cigars as part of the gift, unless any of the groomsmen are avid aficionados please go cheap. I know you said you are already somewhat past budget and there are so many amazing smokes out there on the cheaper end of the scale. Cohiba's , Davidoff's can be amazing but in my experiences are a complete waste for those who don't smoke cigars regularly. I would recommend the La Aurora brand (really nice) even for a discerning smoker. But if you just want something that is smokeable I would go with Helix. (really cheap)...last I checked or if you wanted to go really old school (and cheap) you could buy the Arturo Fuente pig tail cigars.

blanka likes this.