The Haul: February 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Neolithium, Jan 31, 2014.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

My haul of February. I know there's one week left, but I'll just sit on my hands from now on :)

Bulldog Original face wash, Bulldog Original after shave balm, Bulldog Original moisturizer, Bulldog Original shower gel
    [​IMG]

5 Personna Lab Blue blades
    [​IMG]

Weber SS w/Bulldog handle
    [​IMG]

10 GEM Stainless Coated SE blades
    Bulldog Original face scrub
    Shea butter, cocoa butter, beeswax, jojoba oil, vitamin E, Castor oil and menthol crystals - Ingredients for home made lotion bar and pre-shave oil.

Ryan B, RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.
  2. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I've seen a few on Ebay. Perhaps "rare" was a poor choice of words. "Sought after" might have been better.

3. rmcintyre84

I lied in my previous post; THIS is my final haul for February. Any recommendations/warnings on any of these?
    IMG_4278 (800x533).jpg

Ryan B, macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The feathers Hi-Stainless are great—probably my favorite DE blade. The Astra Stainless & the Gillette 7 o'clocks are on par with the Astra SPs—for me, a good everyday, 'any razor' blade; some really like the Sharks—my experiences with them have been so-so. No luck with the Dorcos I've used (very tuggy!)

5. rmcintyre84

I'm working my way through the TSD sample pack, and I shaved with my first Astra SP this morning - I thought I was in heaven! Of course, all I've used before this was blades I could buy locally, and I haven't had much luck with any of them. This is the best shave I've had since I started shaving with a DE. So now I'm excited to try the 25 other blades that are waiting on my shelf.

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The Postman delivered on time!—an uncommon USPS phenomenon in my area.

I received my TSD package (Thanks, JoAnna!) which contained these two items:
    Iced Subzero Pre-Shave Balm and the M-Bomb Menthol Additive
    I look forward to trying both of these this weekend!
    [​IMG]

I also took delivery of this vintage straight razor; a Frederick Reynolds Faux frame back—in need of some TLC & restore.
    This razor is destined for Glen at GemStar Customs for some renovation.
    I am already digging the vibe and feel of this razor, even prior to any magic Glen is able to apply. A pretty hefty hunk of steel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

The OCMMs came in today.
    DSC02751.JPG DSC02758.JPG

John Beeman, Ryan B and macaronus like this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

9. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Im liking them a lot more now with the Treets. Didn't really care for them with the stainless GEM blades. Definitely a razor I will be keeping in my regular rotation.

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:happy088:
    :eatdrink047:

11. rmcintyre84

I lied . . . again. (For a pastor, I sure do have a problem with this whole "lying" thing.) We made a couple stops today, and I added to the haul.

Best soap mug and lathering bowl EVER!
    IMG_4286 (2) (800x524).jpg

I already use Stetson, so this was a nice find. It's a candle mug that will hold a soap puck quite nicely.
    IMG_4295 (2) (800x529).jpg

This last find is, I think, more of an oddity, or a gimmick. It's a King Oscillating Razor. The rollers on top were supposed to make the blade move back and forth for a closer shave. I'll never use it, but it's an interesting piece of shaving history.
    IMG_4296 (2) (800x534).jpg

IMG_4304 (2) (800x533).jpg

IMG_4307 (2) (800x533).jpg

12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Nice find! :)

I hope Superman doesn't smash the other mug! He's already trying!

13. rmcintyre84

It's reinforced with Adamantium.

macaronus likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

15. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I got my order from Shaveabuck today. A little disappointed to have been shorted a box of blades but I guess it was only a dollar and I did get free shipping. I suppose the free Lea cream sample makes up for it. image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  16. Hairy Alaskan

My first impressions.

Both Cadet razors appear to be of good quality with excellent finishes. Unfortunately the standard open comb has vastly different blade exposures on each side. It is a fairly aggressive razor made even more so by this issue. It is fairly heavy as well which is not what I prefer in a razor but others might like that.
    The TTO open comb razor was a bug surprise. I was a bit skeptical of this one but it has already proven to be one of the best razors I have used so far. Slightly more aggressive than my Merkur 180 but milder than any of my other open combs so far. I got a super smooth shave on that side of my face with little irritation. I used it to finish and clean up the side I used the standard open comb on. This might be my go to razor for awhile.

RaZorBurn123, macaronus and Jayaruh like this.
  17. Adriano Arrigo

Adriano Arrigo Well-Known Member

Gillette The New - 1930
    [​IMG]

Gillette Aristocrat
    [​IMG]

Schick Injector Hydro-Magic Gold 500
    [​IMG]

Gillette Milord Tech - 1940
    [​IMG]

Gillette Super Speed - 1950
    [​IMG]

Valet Autostrop
    [​IMG]

18. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

My latest brush, the new and already sold out Semogue Horn Size 3 2-Band Badger:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Post bloom:

[​IMG]

Cheers.

Hanzo, JRod22, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  19. Hairy Alaskan

Got my second order of the month in today. A RazoRock Mission, RazoRock Little Bastone, a FaTip Piccolo, a RazoRock Alum Block and various blades. I'm finally replacing my alum block that shattered on my sink 4 years ago. Not comfortable using small jagged chunks.
    I haven't used the razors but they look good other than a few imperfections on the RazoRock Mission. image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    RaZorBurn123, blk05crew and macaronus like this.
  20. blk05crew

blk05crew Well-Known Member

My 1961 Gillette slim and blades arrived on Saturday. Looked pretty clean, but cleaned up even better, very happy with the purchase!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 and John Beeman like this.