GreenShave

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by offroad64, Mar 5, 2014.

1. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

GreenShave Soap Test Original Day 1

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Explodes into lather right away.

Longevity of lather: 9/10--Very stable more than enough for 3 passes

General skin care: 9/10-- Leaves the skin smooth and feeling clean. Great moisture face felt very soft

Scent: 9/10--Exactly what I was hoping for, a wonderful sweet almond scent. Very nice.

Price: 7/10--$12.99 for a 4oz tub is what I'd call a steal, no? But a little goes a long way

Would I buy again: ?/10-- Not fair to say after 1 shave

Ingredients: Organic shea butter, aloe vera gel, sesame oil, almond oil, green tea, castor oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, essential oil.
    HTGAMsoaptest1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    oscar11, Tdmsu, Slipperyjoe and 2 others like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Definitely a soap you should use on St. Patrick's Day!

Tdmsu and Slipperyjoe like this.
  3. offroad64

It is a green color

oscar11 likes this.
  4. Lutebro

Lutebro Well-Known Member

Nice review. Glad to hear there is another good soap on the market. Where did you purchase it from?

5. offroad64

http://www.greenshave.com/

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very nice review.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That isn't an accurate ingredient list. It is exactly what they have listed on their site, but it is lacking a few things. Nothing in that list is or makes "soap".

fram773 likes this.
  8. offroad64

You are so correct that is just a recipe for a slippery mess:happy088:

9. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I've used the Eucalyptus scent with very good results. It's very moisturizing and easy to lather.
    Would the ingredients make a cream? the product does seem to have a sort of soft whipped consistency...
    I don't know much about chemistry, so hopefully that did not sound too silly.

offroad64 likes this.
  10. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Thanks for the review, Jeff. Please let us know how shaves 2..N go for you.

As for the price point, I've been noticing lately that, artisan soaps especially, hover around the $10-$12 per puck price. The are exceptions such as Stirling but I think eventually most will gravitate to the upper range too.

11. offroad64

Not silly. JoAnna was making reference to what they used for saponification "from wiki Saponification is a process that produces soap, usually from fats and lye. In technical terms, saponification involves base(usually sodium hydroxide commonly called caustic soda NaOH) hydrolysis of triglycerides, which are esters of fatty acids, to form the sodium salt of a carboxylate. In addition to soap, such traditional saponification processes produce glycerol. "Saponifiable substances" are those that can be converted into soap."

12. offroad64

Day 2. I got more of the green tea scent today very nice. I face lathered with my Omega 11137 just the tips in the soap more than enough lather for 3 pass head and face.
    Great feel on skin after shave, very clean and moisturized soft. The wife says very kissable :happy088:

13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

GreenShave Cream Review
    I've tried out GreenShave Eucalyptus this week, and I've become a fan. It has a soft almost whipped texture, and needs very little water to bloom. The scent reminds me of a cup of green tea, and the moisture is abundant, thanks to the Shea butter. I easily made lather with my HIS synthetic brush and my Dad's c40 boar. My face felt well protected, and the feeling lasted well after the shave.
    One of the days I used it, I went without pre and aftershave products without any negative effects.

It's a good value because not much product is needed. It will have a place in my rotation.

Scent: 8.5/10
    fresh and pleasant, green tea with eucalyptus, not overpowering
    Performance: 10/10
    Easy to lather, very moisturizing and protective
    Ingredients: 10/10
    I love the Shea butter, aloe vera is helpful, too. All natural
    Value: 9/10
    Very little product is needed to produce lather. This cream will last a long time.

CyanideMetal and offroad64 like this.
  14. offroad64

GreenShave Soap Test Eucalyptus

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Explodes into lather right away.

Longevity of lather: 9/10--Very stable more than enough for 3 passes

General skin care: 9/10-- Leaves the skin smooth and feeling clean. Great moisture face felt very soft

Scent: 9/10--Light green tea scent Very nice.

Price: 8/10--$12.99 for a 4oz tub is what I'd call a steal, no? But a little goes a long way

Would I buy again: 10/10-- Yes really nice soap great feel on the skin even hours after my shave

Ingredients: Organic shea butter, aloe vera gel, sesame oil, almond oil, green tea, castor oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, essential oil.
    HTGAM4.jpg