Proraso Green & Red

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Omelmad, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Hi Latherette, which shop in DK stocks Proraso?

2. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

proshave.dk has a selection of proraso

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I just looked in that shop, dude.. Why does proraso cost 150SEK here in Sweden and 50DK in Denmark.. Weird!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  4. Omelmad

Hi

I tried the Green proraso yesterday. I did not know that I liked menthol products. I do now =D

It was easy to whip up a good lather and already in my lather bowl I smelled the menthol. I only experience a faint scent before lathering. I wont be giving it a rate from 1-10 because I have not tried nearly as many soaps to be able to evaluate it like that. But for me it worked really good and was nicely cold.

I've read that proraso is good for coarse beard so this works good for me. I dont have alot of beard but the hairs are coarse. So for me a good prep and a good soap is neccessary, and both proraso red and green have performed well and is here to stay =)

I would recommend it to anyone that has not tried it.

Jim99 likes this.
  5. Adriano Arrigo

Adriano Arrigo Well-Known Member

Here in Italy are easy to find at that price. I wonder when I read prices on online shop, especially on north-american ones. But otherwise, I wonder when I read prices online of american poroducts here in Europe... ;-)
    Next time you came to Italy, try to find Tcheon Fung Sing soap, a red bowl pretty anonymous... You'll be surprised !!!!

[​IMG]

Jim99 and Latherette like this.
  6. Adriano Arrigo

Adriano Arrigo Well-Known Member

Slightly OT

These costs 1,60€ (about 2.20 USD) each at any store...

[​IMG]

If you can find it and you like the hazelnut smell, try the Blu one :)

Omelmad likes this.
  7. Omelmad

Someday I will. I'm a bit limited when I buy stuff because I have to order from uk normaly, because I will not pay 300% of the normal price, which is normal here in Sweden apparently. It's absurd!

And when I buy I try to get stuff with free shipping, lol.. I'm a poor student that is studying economics. I'm not paying for overpriced items just because I can't wait 2-4 days extra.

Jim99 likes this.
  8. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

The green is growing on me. Still don't really like the smell, seems artificial, chemically and nothing like eucalyptus or menthol but it does lather well, has a light cooling effect and shaves pretty well. It does leave my skin very dry though. I doubt I'll use it all the time, probably every now and again as well as when traveling.

9. Omelmad

Yeah, it's not as moisturizing as the red one that contains Shea butter.

But I use alum block so, didn't really feel different dryness than usual =P

10. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

Thank you for the tip - I will definitely look for it next time I get a chance to go to Italy.

11. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

Not sure I am a huge fan of the scent of the green one either (smells a bit like air freshener) - but the menthol cooling is nice and it gives great results.

12. Omelmad

I did not experience te sur freshener feeling, but i liked the cooling sense

13. Omelmad

I didnt find the smell to be chemical nor artificial, but i have not tried one that is "not"

14. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

I am a big fan of the green soap and aftershave. During the winter I used the Proraso white label aftershave balm which worked. Ery well. The sandalwood is a soap I have on top of my list to get, after I make a dent in my current line up.

Omelmad likes this.
  15. Omelmad

I loved the red one, worked great for me and left my face feeling real good.

16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011:

I just have to add that Proraso Red is my favorite too. Used it for Today's SOTD.

IMG_0696.JPG

Jim99, Mr. Shaverman and Omelmad like this.
  17. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

I used the green today for the first time with the pre shave ... Big difference as far as irritation for sure

Boojum1, Mr. Shaverman and Omelmad like this.
  18. Omelmad

They are very nice soaps. Easy to lather, slick and protective. Very reliable soaps

Boojum1 and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  19. leigh44

leigh44 Member

I've only been wet shaving for a few weeks and proraso white was my first soap and I love it. The only other soap I've tries is crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood soap and while I get a decent shave (although the lather is questionable) it's the day after that I realise this soap isn't for me.

But I just wanted to ask if anyone know anything about proraso yellow coming out in a tube or a bowl anytime soon. When I bought my bowl of white they gave me a free can of it but I haven't had the guts to try it because it's in a can. Also everything on the back is in Italian of course so I don't know what the scent is. Could someone please enlighten me.

Jim99 likes this.
  20. Omelmad

Sorry that the C&E isn't good for you. I would have thought it's very good.

I haven't seen a yellow Proraso actually =P didn't know it existed