How long does your wet shave take?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Razor Blade 79, Mar 15, 2014.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sound like you've got a serious mold problem if you need to shave your CDs. :rofl:

I take about 10 min to shave in the shower 2-3 passes. So, not a lot of prep and very little clean up.

Metro, RaZorBurn123 and Kilgore Trout like this.
  2. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I don't rush, but I have to shave every day before work, so I usually can't afford to diddy daddle. C'mon our faces are not that big. We're not plowing the back forty, LOL. I'm talking about just shaving time, not showering time. From starting to work up your lather to applying aftershave. 10 minutes seems about average for me with three passes.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I agree. The only time my shaves were considerably slower is when I was learning to use a straight.

4. azsteelman

azsteelman Member

It's taking me 15 minutes - and I wouldn't care if it took 20. I'd make the time!

5. Flarng

Flarng Member

15-20 but I'm new to DE.

6. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

With a DE?

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Mostly Injectors, face lathering soaps and creams. DE shaving would probably be roughly the same time frame. One pass with a touch-up is all I shoot for. A SAS(Socially Acceptable Shave).

PanChango likes this.
  8. Sargon

Sargon Well-Known Member

2 minutes to build lather, then about 5 to shave. If I use my valet autostrop or a shavette it takes longer. If I use an injector it takes a touch less.

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Seven to ten minutes for me. Face wash, face lather, two passes, touch ups, cwr, wh, clean up, after shave.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  10. aelfred_allspach

aelfred_allspach Active Member

It takes me about 20 but I go REALLY slow so I can really concentrate on my technique. And I do a four pass. WTG, XTG, XTG, ATG. And the fourth pass Takes another 5-6 minutes.

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Jayaruh like this.
  11. snatale42

snatale42 New Member

About 15 min for a 3 pass after the shower

12. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I have never timed myself but I would say most likely 15-20 minutes at the most.

13. georgemoe

georgemoe Member

Just a week in for me and it is around 20 min maybe a little more for 3ps. I'm not trying to rush.

14. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

A quick shave day is around 10 minutes. A normal shave day is around 20 minutes.

15. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

With a hot shower prep, I have managed to go as long as an hour of 'me time'. The usual is between 20-30min. But- i am a noob.

16. BroonsBane

BroonsBane Member

Timed myself this morning as this thread got me curious :)
    15 minutes start to finish including cleanup for a 2ps, but not including pre-shave shower.

17. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

3 pass no rush DFS to BBS 15-20min. That's face and dome:happy088:

18. BroonsBane

BroonsBane Member

That's pretty quick! Maybe I'll get there one day :)

offroad64 likes this.
  19. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

It does take practice but it will happen

20. BroonsBane

BroonsBane Member

I've only been at it for 5 weeks or so. Plenty of practice ahead. I'm going for comfort vs speed.
    Just got my first bottle of Speick aftershave lotion in the mail today, can't wait till tomorrow morning's shave. Hope I don't slash myself to ribbons in my haste to get to the Speick! :)