How long does your wet shave take?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Razor Blade 79, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I have been using a brush and soap for a while, and switching from cartiridge to DE only added about 5 minutes to my shave time. About 10-12 minutes total, not counting the shower.

2. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

30 to 40 minutes. It's my time and I get up earlier to have the time.

crackstar likes this.
  3. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I've never timed the shave, but shave + shower takes about 20 minutes.

4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

A hot shower, building lather, shaving, and post about 40 minutes. I like relaxing when I shave.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It depends. During the work week, an average of let's say 10 minutes unless I'm really rushed. On Saturday, Sunday, or any other day when I'm off from work I'll take as long as a half hour to 45 minutes.

6. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

Three passes with a Slant 10 minutes. Three passes with a Straight 15-20. I do sometimes spend longer on weekends.

7. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    If I'm taking my time, 3 pass shave I'm running about 10 minutes. Morning rush I can wake up, make coffee, down 1 cup SSS (rhymes w/sit, Shower Shave) suit up and OTD (out the door) in 30 minutes or less.

8. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

If I'm in a rush, I can shower and shave with a DE and a splash of AS in 20 minutes. Sunday mornings are like that, except I usually add a light bit of cologne or Edt. If I follow my normal routine, which is: put some good music on, shower, hot towels, straight razor shave and clean up with the DE, AS Balm/Aloe Vera gel, AS, clean up everything, about 45 minutes, not including stropping the razor.
    Will resist with everything I have the idea of shortening that time. YMMV.

9. KLF

KLF Doctorin

About 12-15min to shave after the shower,maybe 10 if I skip the scuttle and facelather. I put some witch hazel and proceed to dress for work, brush teeth then I come back and put some AS and EdT.

10. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Last few weeks (wife and I have been working day and night on new house) I have been whipping the R41 across my wet face while showering. Havent picked up my brush and mug for weeks. Average 4 or 5 minutes. Before new house and after I get things in order, I'll take about an hour. Shower, lathering 4 pass shave and after shave routine. My how I miss my ritual.

11. Warhorse

Warhorse Active Member

Yeah, that's about it for me too.

12. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I'm glad it's all coming together man.

13. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Today was a typical work day shave. From the time from when my feet hit the floor from out of bed to when I was done and ready to get dressed took 26 minutes. I think shaving was about 15 minutes of that total.

14. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

About 40 minutes with a shower included. When I shave without a shower I'm guessing about 15-20 minutes which includes about 5 minutes of trying to soften the hairs up. Shaves after a shower are by far the most successful for me though.

15. Robzilla

Robzilla Well-Known Member

About 10 minutes if I rush. If I take my time it takes me about 10 minutes. That's from the time the brush hits the soap to the time I turn off the bathroom light.

16. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Shower: 5 - 8 minutes, depending on if it's a dandruff shampoo or not.
    Apply preshave balm: 2 minutes, give or take.
    Soak brush & soap while the balm does its work (comb hair, clean ears, brush teeth): 3 - 4 minutes
    Face lather: 2 minutes, multiplied by number of passes (from 1 - 3)
    Post-shave facial care: 3 - 5 minutes
    Post-shave razor and sink cleanup: 2 - 3 minutes

All told, that's from 16 to 28 minutes; I'd be fascinated to see the breakdown of the above activities for those who get it all done in under 10 minutes.

17. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

"Semper Fi" That's not counting time for the Head Call too!

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  18. PatrickA51

I take about 45min. To Shower and Shave, in the Shower. when I shave after I shower between the two I would say, maybe 1hr. total.

19. PatrickA51

Maybe 30min. total.

20. TexasTiger

TexasTiger Well-Known Member

Warm up the scuttle/ brush / razor jump in the shower get out start my shave normally a 3 pass and I am about 35 min total from start to finish