New 2-piece from Muhle

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Chuck F, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

TTO R89, I would run and buy! The choice between a three or a two piece, I don't see any reasoning that would make this better in any way. You pay more for it, lose the ability to use your choice of handle, and no gain in blade change ease. Does anyone see any reason to this other than just putting out a new product?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Slipperyjoe likes this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Interesting-looking razor!

3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

New TTOS!?!?! YAY!!!! I just hope they would be constructed off brass. I have read of cheap TTO razors.

4. Codfish

Codfish Member

5. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I might get the TTO also if offered..though I wouldn't run and buy it..walk maybe..:D

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  6. Codfish

Codfish Member

I've seen several questions related to the TWIST's compatibility with the R41. I'm not sure I understand the questions correctly, but here is my stab at an answer:
    1) Can the R41 2013 and/or 2011 top caps be used on the new razor?: YES to both. The 2013 and TWIST caps are identical.

2) Will the R41 "head" fit the TWIST?: NO the base plate of the TWIST cannot be removed.

3) Will there be an R41 version of the 41?: Only Muhle knows for sure. We can hope!

If these answers don't cover your questions, let me know.​

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    HolyRollah likes this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

After having had the pleasure of using a Barbasol floating head for a number of morning shaves, I can appreciate the ease of use in having bottom twist 'release' dial to open the razor for blade changes and/or cleaning. I much prefer this method than the current Mühle hand-twisting of the head to disassemble, being careful to avoid the blade edges.

And 'yes,' I'd certainly consider a TTO R41. ;)