SoS: April 14, 2014 - April 20, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140416.png

Dove Men's Face Wash
    TOBS Lavender Shaving Cream
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    Schick M Adjustable
    Schick Injector Stainless Blade
    CWR
    Dickinson's WH
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

This week the only thing I am varying is my after shave. I am getting wonderful shaves every day. The TOBS face lathers so easily with the Semogue 1305 boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M adjustable leave me with a close comfortable shave. A cold water rinse followed by Dickinson's WH and Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shave left this shaver clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That looks like a New Improved head rather than a New.

GDCarrington, Llyr and crackstar like this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

EB005320523.jpg View attachment 48723 444_gel_01-340x340.jpg PAL001.jpg neutrogena-men-invigorating-face-wash.jpg Wednesday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Sharp day 3
    Italian Palmolive Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Max Refreshing AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Wonderful, wonderful BBS results this morning with so little effort - how could I neglect such a fantastic cream like Palmolive Menthol? It smells so nice, it lathers so richly and gives such an icy menthol effect with great skincare. The 444 balm and the Max Refreshing aftershave which is from Bulgaria put plenty of extra freezing in my face afterwards.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 T.I.
    WSO White Lightning
    homemade boar
    Nice shave this morning. My week has been nuts so far and it's all up hill from here, lol. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

5. Adriano Arrigo

Adriano Arrigo Well-Known Member

April 15, 2014. Shave of the day: #HTGAM razor (USA), #Dorco blades (KR), #P&G's #bacon shaving cream (USA), #handmade pure #badger #shavingbrush (UK), #HBG #bayrum aftershave (USA), #Proraso pre shaving cream (ITA).

I know it's hard to believe, but the bacon smell is so good !! Obviously is a fat cream that makes your razor slide in a perfect way :)

[​IMG]

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Wednesday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Bath Soap
    Soap: Stirling Lavender Sage
    Razor: Gillette Slim
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
    Brush: Plisson Grey Badger
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva Musk

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angle for my beard a bit)

I used my Stirling Lavender Sage today.. Great lather, great scent, great shave! I finished up with Aqua Velva Musk (glass bottle).

Bob

[​IMG]

7. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Wednesday
    hot shower
    Semogue Soc,2 band
    3P PSC
    The Fat
    Gillette Red Tip/o'clock black (3)
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Thayer's Cucumber WH
    Lucido ASL
    Cartier Roadster edt

Wonderful 2 pass face plus 1 for da dome =BBS all around!
    Stay frosty,my friends! :cool:

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Wednesday:
    hot shower w/Pinaud Clubman scented body wash
    ShaveSecret PSO
    Gillette Slim (9) 3 passes
    Gillette Wilkinson (4)
    VDH boar
    LASS Topanga Fougere (sample) in a warm mug
    Thayers unscented w/aloe
    Pinaud Clubman AS

Great shave today! Seems like whatever razor I put a Gillette Wilky in, it performs flawlessly. It's not the best blade I've ever used but it never fails to deliver a consistently reliable performance at a terrific price per shave.
    This isn't the first time I've used the Topanga but it's the first time I got a good lather with it. I always seem to have trouble with soap samples (vs cream samples) because you're trying to load the brush from a stiff little almond of product (that you end up chasing around the bowl) rather than swirling a puck. Usually I end up with lather that's too thin so this morning I made sure almost all of the water was shaken out of my brush and was able to pick up most of the sample and produced a very buttery meringue with plenty of slick cushion.

0416140637a.jpg

Llyr, Recklesstr, figment714 and 15 others like this.
  9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    4/16/14
    Prep: Warm wash with Stirling bath soap
    Lather: Stirling Barbershop
    Brush: Stirling Best Badger
    Razor: Merkur HD
    Blade: Bluebird Hi Stainless (3)

DFS in 3 passes plus neck touch up. I have used Barbershop exclusively since about March 24 for face and head shaving, except for 1 days travel shave with Palmolive. The color in the bottom of the mug is starting to peek through. I conservatively estimate this to be shave #32 on this puck. No, I don't have a chart or a spreadsheet, just counting on my fingers and toes. Face or scalp lathering every time always delivers a slick, yogurt like lather that does a great job for my face. Bluebird blade also did a fine job, again.
    I feared that using one soap exclusively would turn this back into just the chore of shaving, but the changes in brushes, blades and aftershaves has kept it interesting enough.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Hashtags?

Llyr, crackstar and Richard Jackson like this.
  11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

John-Try pressing the sample into the bottom of a mug or bowl. It gives you more surface area to work with and won't bounce around.

[​IMG]

12. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Prep: Warm shower, Cetaphil Lotion
    Razor: EJ DE89 Head w/ Weber Classic Handle
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)
    Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Brush: Semogue 830
    Aftershave: Old Spice

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really like Williams Mug Shaving Soap. It works up into a really nice, very slick lather. Great shave!

Have a great day!

Llyr, Recklesstr, figment714 and 14 others like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Is the Stirling brush holding up? Not long ago I believe you wrote that it was shedding.

Llyr, crackstar and ram57 like this.
  14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

It sheds every time. 3 to 4 or more hairs. I guess I chalk it up to being spring time and shedding its winter coat ;)

Llyr, crackstar, ram57 and 1 other person like this.
  15. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD April 16 -- I got it in a PIF week

Prep: hot shower
    Razor: 1968 slim twist
    Blade: Feather (day 3)
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Stirling One
    Passes: 2 (WTG, XTG)

Seeing as it's I got it in a PIF week, I figured I'd break out the Stirling One and give it another try. I hadn't been able to get a great lather out of the Stirling One, but added some water to the puck while I showered this time. I did get a better lather, but it was still off... it did provide an irritation free shave though.

16. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

My first SOTD photo. Received a close and comfortable shave with this gear.

SOTD First Photo.jpg

Llyr, TSimons, Recklesstr and 17 others like this.
  17. lobomalo72

lobomalo72 Member

Well I was a little frustrated after a few meetings at work yesterday. So I decided on going home and drink me a few beers (2) and jump into my shaving spa..
    Guys let me tell you I think I will start adding the 2 beers to my pre shave. I had the best shave yet, since I started wet shaving. It was painless and came out so smooth. I've had BBS before but this one here was 100 time better. I got my wife and kissed her. Her response to that was, its like kissing a women. Should I be ok with that?

Stroker, Hanzo, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  18. TexasTiger

TexasTiger Well-Known Member

Does she kiss alot of women to know how they would kiss....:happy097:

Congrats on the smooth shave and the adult beverages:eatdrink047:

Llyr likes this.
  19. lobomalo72

lobomalo72 Member

She's done it twice. That I know off. HAHAHA!!!

Llyr likes this.
  20. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Llyr, TSimons, Recklesstr and 14 others like this.