How's Your Day - April 2014

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Dridecker, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I concur. It's been a long year coming.

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

"Patience is a virtue; patience brings good luck. It is seldom found in humans, and never in a duck"

macaronus likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

That wasn't so much fowl as just plain quacked. :pot: <--- making peking duck.

macaronus likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Not an iPhone fan? I have a 5s and love it! My wife is waiting for the 6. I really like the Galaxy S5, heck life was so much easier when I needed a dime to make a call..

5. sol92258

Not an Apple fan, actually.
    Not that I wouldn't consider it, I just don't like it. Pretty much the same reason I would consider, but probably not go with, a Windows phone - I have so much vested in the Android apps and system, it'd be hard to switch, especially with apps that aren't available on the other platforms.
    At work we're about 50/50 Windows/Apple. I'm typing this from Windows 8.1 running on a Macbook pro, LOL. Was about to respond on my work ipad, but it's too much typing (if it was an Android tablet, with a swipe keyboard, no problem :D)

Thus, an Iphone would make a lot of sense from one perspective - I have a several Apple devices assigned to me at work, and Apple stuff works well with Apple stuff.
    But...I don't like the UI of any of them enough to warrant a switch. Some people love it. Some of us don't. Same reason Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, etc are all in business.

I've dealt with many a iphone, setting up company email, fixing network connectivity issues, helping with problematic apps, etc., so I've used them plenty enough to get a feel for them.

If I was assigned an iphone for work, I reckon I'd use it, but I wouldn't buy one. If I were to leave, get booted, or in any manner not work here anymore, it'd be the only Apple device I'd have, so the whole ecosystem thing would be borked.

Also, I'd compare Apple ecosystem to a homeowner's association: sure, property value stays high, and you're given a sense of security....but why would I pay someone else to tell me what color I can paint my house, what decorations I can put up, when/how I have to keep my yard up (or what service I have to pay to do it for me...bleh), etc....on a home, I own? (it's a loose argument, but it works in my mind :p)

Main reason, though, is I. Hate. Itunes. Loathe it entirely. Yes, you don't "have" to use it, I've never used it on this ipad, but.....if you want to back up your stuff to upgrade to new device, or set playlists for music (I guess, I don't actually have any music on the ipad, just some games and work-provided apps), etc.

Also, Apple's legal department - I'm surprised they haven't sued all the whales in the world because the term "pod" is used to describe a group of them. Same for peas, I guess :D

I give them credit where credit is due: good quality hardware, well thought out software, great battery life (usually), ecosystem where all they're stuff works together (which is easy when everything they sell, hardware and software, is designed and built by one company.....if Google or Microsoft did that, theirs would be the same way. But they make the software, other companies build the hardware...can't exactly compare the two in that regard).

There's arguments both ways, I've read/heard/discussed them all.

Bottom line, I just don't like the UI, I prefer Android, and it's tweakability. Sure, that's all I had to say, but I felt like being garrulous :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Garrulous Gift
    Garrulous girls get to-gather
    Giggling and gaily gossiping
    Geared up for going out
    Groovy nights getting glacial
    Girls giving grief to guys.
    :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

Beautifully written and explained. :smiley respect:

sol92258 likes this.
  8. mhdagley

mhdagley Member

The tweak thing is why i have an iphone. When i had droids i would unlock and mess with different oses. I tended to have buggy droids. I have no desire to jailbreak my iphone so it works. Speaking of jailbreaking that is how i dealt with touchwiz.

9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

What do vacuums, vampires and my day have in common?

10. sol92258

ummm....roller brushes?

11. richgem

Lint?

12. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Windows phone? Those exist still? :think002:

Those coffins are pretty dusty...

13. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It's a mystery
    [​IMG]

sol92258 likes this.
  14. richgem

[​IMG]

15. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Stopped in at the Italian Centre this evening and took a peek (I was hoping they had the Proraso Boar (Omega 10083) brush, but all they had were some unattractive multicolored handles that look like a pastel shop exploded in Italy. Oh well, guess I'll order one online. They did have Pino Silvestre though and Malizia Vetyver and they smell amazing and shot onto my list even though I'm not a cologne type of a person.

16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

That brush?

Attached Files:

17. Dapper-in-a-can-man

My dad's blood pressure is at 168/100 -.- not how I want to end tonight

18. RaZorBurn123

My wife is THE BEST! She went to our local Savers discount store. I said if you come across any shaving gear text me a picture. Well she didn't. But she found this, and bought it for me. image.jpg My all time favorite album! Triumph Just a game, from 1979!

19. RaZorBurn123

I pray that he gets better.

20. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Nope the 10018's or thereabouts.