The Haul: April 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by TheMonk, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

This is a package I received from India as a result of winning a PIF on B&B.
    [​IMG]
    The box looks like it traveled a long way. It did.
    [​IMG]

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My wife came home last night from Walmart. She said I got you something.. 3 Tupperware bowls for your soaps. I love that she's got my back!

Troy M likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That was sweet of her! How'd she know? Send the bowls right over, please. ;):p

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm sure she just figured I'd use them. Probably tired of me poaching from her kitchen.

5. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see how you like the Godrej shaving round.

6. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

First haul. Headed to an antique district about 20 miles away. Red Tip, Blue Tip, fat handled tech, and a GEM. None more than $12, and the GEM was $1.97! Cleaning up nicely with a toothbrush and the dishwasher.

[​IMG]

7. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

After shot using a toothbrush, Ivory dish soap, a run through the dishwasher, and a bunch of elbow grease and NEVR DULL cotton wadding. Pretty amazing transformation, IMHO. The Red Tip in particular became an absolute jewel:

[​IMG]

For what it's worth, even though the blue and red tips were bought some distance apart, they both appear to be coded C-1, so 1st qtr 1957.

8. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Very nice!!!

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

An oldie, but salvageable… The scales need a good soak but pins are decent and I'm optimistic the blade will clean up nicely.

[​IMG]

10. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Very nice I just finished restoring a Frederick Reynolds for a member from the Straight razor place forum, I even managed to keep the original horn scales.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Beautiful work, Jamie! I'm hoping I can bring back the old freddie to something at least remotely resembling that great restore!

Jamie Mahoney likes this.
  12. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Yes!!! Today i received very fine stuff.

[​IMG]

1x UNUSED RazoRock XXX (old formula)
    3x Personna Lab Blue blades
    10 Blades Personna Med. Prep. blades

The RazoRock has an heavenly smell!!! Absolutely outstanding!!! I will buy the new formulated version too,when it´s available on 05/22/2014. :happy093:

RaZorBurn123 and Lexicon Devil like this.
  13. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

I found a few razors at the Roanoke Antique Mall recently. I think this is a 1930 Gillette Tech Ball End, New Style? I tried it this morning with a Voskhod, she's a great shaver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 and John Beeman like this.
  14. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Received a pair of brushes from Larry at Whipped Dog: a 24mm Synthetic in black marbled acrylic, and a 24mm Silvertip drilled to 48mm loft in butterscotch

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

Here' the Silvertip in full bloom

[​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. TheStyx

TheStyx Active Member

Yesterday I won the auctions on two safety razors; a Schick Krona with a slightly different appearance than the one I already have (which of course motivates the necessity for me to have it) and a Gillette Slim Adjustable (which looks exactly the same as the one I have but comes in a sweet leather case which was the motivation here). This is beginning to look like some sort of obsession or sickness. I have to calm down.

Krona.jpg Slim Adjustable.jpg

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Better in pairs? To go along with the 200g jar of Martin de Candre soap (regular scent) I already have, arriving soon will be the Fougére version.
    [​IMG]

…plus a nice little Wostenholm & Son Sheffield 'Barber's Treasure' in pretty decent shape.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

It's not shaving related (haven't bought anything shaving related for a very long time) but it will be appreciated here:

I met Matt Smith on Saturday (also Karen Gillan, but no autograph from her.) and got his autograph! He's by far my favorite Doctor thus far.
    Matt Smith.jpg

(proof I was there: Matt Smith1.jpg )

19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Today my 1957 Gillette Red Tip arrived...that was fast...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and i received Samples of 2 shaving soaps.

1x Stirling Ozark Mountain
    1x Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

Test lathered the sharp dressed man and i´m really impressed. The scent is wonderful. I think i took a bit too much water because the lather was a bit thin and airy. But that will change next time. The skin feel after rinsing off is really great. I can´t stop smelling on the Ozark Mountain. This scent hooked me...STUNNING!!! Now i know,that it was my irritated skin,that doesn´t liked the Ozark Mountain the first time i used it last year. This time i had no problems at all and i´m glad to have the samples. :)

Have a great time.

Greetings
    Thorsten

20. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member