*DONE* PIF for merchant marine/military/coast guard/nat guard

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by markjnewcomb, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Happy Birthday! And thanks for the PIF.

2. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Thanks Mark, this is going to be my first vintage and my first adjustable. Sir, you are too generous.

3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Congratulations and thanks to the winners!

4. Wells1229

Wells1229 Active Member

Congratulations

5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Thanks all for your service and congrats to the winners!
    hooray.gif

6. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy it.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Congrats! Thank you all for your service. :bounce017:Happy Birthday Mark! :bounce017:

markjnewcomb likes this.
  8. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Slim arrived today! Can't wait to load it up and give it a test drive. Thanks again for the generous PIF Mark.

9. markjnewcomb

Thanks for your service.

10. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Wow thanks for the slim and the extra goodies that came with it. It is WAY more than I was thinking. I'll post a pic after I make dinner.

11. markjnewcomb

No problem. How do you like your sample size of Cella? ;)

Thank you for your service.

12. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Fist off, happy birthday!!! I can't say thank you enough it's like it's my birthday. You went way over the top on this. The "sample size" Cella should last a couple months at least.
    PIF.JPG
    I didn't realize I was getting an upgrade for everything but the water. In this amazing PIF I got a bunch of bonus items. First a HUGE tub of Cella from a 1kg brick (first time trying the Cella Brick). I'll do a side by side comparison with the tub this weekend to see if I notice a difference. Also 2 packs of Voskhods, 2 packs of Feather, a massive bar of Sandlewood bath soap, and last but definitely not least my first ever silvertip brush. The brush is so dense and super soft. I am going to give it a try in the morning and post an update. This is a massive upgrade for my entire den. You are to kind sir.

Omelmad and markjnewcomb like this.
  13. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

One more glamour shot of the razor. The way the TTO and settings function is amazing. I cant stop checking it out. This is so much cooler than my 2 piece Merkur. I don't know if I can resist using this tomorrow. I just started testing a new blade but I may have to push it off for a day.
    Slim.JPG

Omelmad likes this.
  14. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Congrats to the winners, and a big THANK YOU for your service to all.

15. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

The brush is fantastic. It feels far superior to anything I have tried before. I had to give the Cella from the brick a try. It seems to make a slightly faster lather than the tub of Cella. I can't say I noticed a major difference in quality between the two but I am going to do a side by side test this weekend. I used the razor with a Feather on setting one today and it shaved great. I think I can turn it up a couple notches but that will have to wait until I finish my blade testing with my Merkur 34C. When that is completed I will find my perfect setting in the slim and then retry my favorite blades to find the top couple blades.

16. markjnewcomb

I'm happy you like it. That is a nice brush, but does suck up a bunch of lather. If it seems too "floppy", you can wrap a rubber band around the base to stiffen it up.

I did several side-by-side tests between the two Cellas. There is not much difference between the two, although the brick seems to be a little bit slicker and creamier.

Glad you are having fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.