I can't wear my belt properly.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, May 7, 2014.

1. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I have recently noticed something that bothers me a little bit. Every time I wear my belt, the buckle goes a little bit over the level of my jeans to the point of it touching my belly. Here is a picture:

20140508_000322.jpg

This makes my jeans look loosy, it also looks ugly from a point of view and I also don't like the feeling, since the cold metal on my skin disturbs me when I walk or sit. My question is, does this happen, because I am overweight (I have a considerably large belly and curves around my waist), or there is something wrong with my jeans? This happens when wearing a belt with almost all of my jeans. I hope that you can help me. Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I lost 10lbs and my belt buckle stopped bothering me. It could be you need to loosen your belt a tad.

3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Constant strain on any looping fastener will cause it to migrate.
    One solution for belt-migration:
    [​IMG]

ObiDon and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I had that problem and I only weigh 135 lbs. I just moved it up a notch and it was all good.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

<sigh> I remember 135.

6. richgem

My grandfather favored this look. Note belt AND suspenders.

[​IMG]

7. Ryan B

People in my family tend to be thin well into old age, so maybe genetics will work out in my favor.

8. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I weigh 140 and I thought it was because my pants were too big (I weighed 160 at my max). My sz32 pants don't do that but the 34s do.

9. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Ditch that type of belt. It's not meant for jeans, it' s a lightweight belt meant for lightweight khakis or shorts. A leather belt will fit correctly and look appropriate.

10. RaZorBurn123

Oh man. You guys are fit. I'm 6'4 and 260lbs. I need a new knee, my Doctor wants me at 225lbs. I haven't weighed 225 since 1980..

11. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

135 lbs? My head probably weighs that much and I haven't been able to even see my belt for 20 years...lol

12. Ryan B

You got the Dunlap disease? Your belly Dunlapped over your belt?!:happy097:

ObiDon and richgem like this.
  13. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I think it's a combination of that and T.B. "Two Bellies"

Ryan B and BigMark like this.
  14. richgem

But, last you saw, you were wearing it properly.

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

In 1980, I weighed 265lbs....of course, I was playing offensive tackle for UCDavis, 20 yrs old and in 'playing' shape.
    I now float around 225-230—which is where I prefer to stay. At my height (same as yours) and frame-type, its a good weight.
    Only time I wore suspenders as an adult (wore 'em when I was 3 or 4) was when I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 1988—wasted away to about 170lbs. None of my belts (or pants) fit anymore. Took me 10 years to get over 200lbs again. Now I have a 25lb cushion...;)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Ya'll are incredibly scrawny or very short!:happy068: I weighed more than 135 in middle school, but I'm 6'2" & 300 lbs.:( Played right guard back in the day.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. richgem

I never knew this was a game or a sport..... huh.

[​IMG]

18. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I prefer the original.;)

19. richgem

FTFM (fixed that for myself)

Williams Warrior likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

Ken O'Brien was quarterback. Although I'm obese according to BMI, I'm far from fat. I need to drop some weight for the knee. Yeah 230-35 is a great weight! I'm big boned.