The Haul: May 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Dridecker, Apr 30, 2014.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A few items I picked up in April that I haven't had time to take pictures of until tonight.

First up is one of two. I picked up two Old Spice mugs of same vintage for 8 bucks apiece and shared one with a friend. They're Hull Pottery 03 (1944-early 50's) which makes them the youngest of the oldest. Mine has a hairline fracture you can see on the right that traces down about mid-mug so it's going to just be for display plus it's the oldest example I've acquired to date.
    grt.jpg

Next up is another Old Spice mug that I got for 6 dollars and it's an American Glass 02 (1948-early 50's) and it's a 3 rib model.
    ots.jpg

A older Pinaud Clubman hair tonic glass bottle for 5 dollars.
    edq.jpg

A couple of straights. A Robuso and a Double Duck. One was 15 bucks and the other was 16 but I don't remember which was which.
    all1.jpg all2.jpg

And finally a couple DE's. According to Mr Razor it appears I've acquired a 1920 Pocket Edition and an early Khaki set. I didn't know much about Khaki sets and told a couple people it was WWII but from what I see on Mr Razor's site it seems both of these razors are approximately the same vintage. I paid 30 dollars for both.
    all3.jpg all4.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  2. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

My father and I ended up at 2 different antique stores last weekend, and we found some neat stuff.

My best finds were 2 NOS Burma Shave items. I picked up a new cake of shave soap and a brush, both still in their boxes. Both items were in a ziplock bag with an Old Spice shaving mug. (The writing on the sides of the boxes is great!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ObiDon, Ryan B, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

I found a total of 2 Old Spice mugs and a Colgate shaving stick container last weekend. The large OS mugs make GREAT coffee mugs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ObiDon, Ryan B, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  4. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

I also found an open comb 3 piece razor last weekend with no markings.

Does anyone know anything about this razor?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My TSD store items arrived. Pink Grapefruit Lanolin soap, and Iced Subzero PreShave Balm. Both outstanding products! Oh and a Pisces silver bar for my wife.. image.jpg

Ryan B, PatrickA51 and Recklesstr like this.
  6. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

2 Soaps from Beer Soap Brewing Co and 4 samples of The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company:

[​IMG]

Many thanks to Kevin @ BSBC for the samples and for being so helpful during the whole purchase!

Cheers.

Ryan B likes this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

I got this today. It's fantastic. @Omelmad image.jpg

8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Is the PSB cold? =)

PatrickA51 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. Omelmad

Oh nice! Did you take it for a spin yet? =)

PatrickA51 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

The PSB is a comfortable cold. I haven't yet, I will very soon. I did soak my brush in it.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  11. Omelmad

It sounds good =) does the "cuts" in the bowl help when lathering?

12. Omelmad

The latest purchase is: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399920545.544104.jpg ARKOOO!!

I found it at a local barbershop by chance when I was getting my hair cut =D pretty good price aswell.

Plus I got this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399920665.279728.jpg from latherette. The blades was a great bonus thank you @Latherette

13. RaZorBurn123

It helps a great deal. Arko is probably the best value in the shaving world. Enjoy it my friend..

Omelmad likes this.
  14. Omelmad

Hmm.. Maybe I "need" a new bowl HAHAHA. Naa, my bowl is great. Took me
    a while to find the right size. I can hold it in one hand and it's big enough for me to abound the clicking sound from my brush. Kills the shaving experience

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

My new bowl fits perfect in my hand, it's 5 inches wide so no clicking noise. I put my scuttle away for the summer..

Omelmad likes this.
  16. Omelmad

I think whats almost the same as mine =) there should be a picture of mine somewhere on this forum =) so no warm lather in the summer? =) does the scuttle really keep the lather warm throughout the shave?

17. Omelmad

last page in this thread, you can see my bowl

18. RaZorBurn123

Yeah it keeps the lather warm for a 3 pass shave. I don't microwave my scuttle, I use hot tap water. It's going to be in the upper 90's this week (30-34) Celsius. I'll use more menthol aftershave this week.

Omelmad likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

That's a nice bowl.

20. Omelmad

ahh... California

[​IMG]

17 Celsius. Highest this week

PatrickA51 likes this.