Reaching the bottom of my Proraso Green

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by nsomnac, May 13, 2014.

1. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

So nearing the end of my first tub of Proaso Green, but before I just go off and order another as I was one of my favorites so far, thought I'd ask for suggestions for other reasonably priced great Eucalyptus-Mentholated soaps.

Any suggestions from the gallery?

2. Try the Proraso Red..the sandlewood with a touch of menthol is quite nice :) Unless of course you're open to trying something else..which opens a whole other can of worms..lol

fram773 likes this.
  3. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

It's creamy, smooth, protective, and very nice to the skin. It is the easiest soap to lather that I know of.
    It works very well with hard or soft water, badger brush or boar, face lather or bowl lather.
    Compared to Proraso Green, it's much lighter on menthol and a bit more substantial in the Aloe/Eucalyptus dept.
    I've been told it's made by Proraso for Omega. It usually runs $6 to $7. (and sometimes less)
    Of all the soft soaps available, (and I like most of them) this one suits me best.

Omega Crema de Barba 10pct.jpg

Daytonkb, Omelmad and Adonis like this.
  4. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

TSD Iced Eucalyptus.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

Any thoughts of RazoRock 888 Eucalyptus Karite?

From the ingredients, the Omega doesn't appear to have menthol - neither does the RR, but not sure.

6. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

The Proaso Red might be a contender for my next tub - I don't need two Sandalwoods at once.

7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

crackstar likes this.
  8. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

It smells completely different from what you'd expect sandalwood to smell like. So much so I didn't think it even was sandalwood.

9. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I would stick with Proraso green over HTGAM Frost Byte, to my nose it smelled like a very strong Halls cough drop. Compared to Proraso it flat out smelled terrible. IMHO

10. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I have found the scents of sandalwood to vary widely by the maker. To me, Proraso sandalwood smells nothing like TOBS sandalwood, which smells nothing like AOS sandalwood, which smells nothing like T&F sandalwood.

11. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

Since you like the crema soaps give Cella a shot. Smells like roasted almonds with a hint of cherry. Very nice soap indeed!

12. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

It's definitely going on my list to try... I've been adding M-Bomb to my EJ Sandalwood and have noticed it changes the scent drastically.

13. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

I kinda like that kind of scent especially on a hot morning... Was only 102F this AM on the sunny CA coast! The Eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil, Menthol combo sounds perfect.

Well as I couldn't find the Frost Byte at a price where the shipping wasn't half the cost of the product, I ordered another Proaso Green for now - but I do want to try the HTGAM Synergy Frost Byte.

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Any of the Stirling Glacial soaps will freeze your face to the point that it'll feel numb. Iced Subzero from our JoAnna, and QCS Vostok are bloody cold also. ;)