Ingram shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by crackstar, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Richard Jackson

Richard Jackson Well-Known Member

I got some in the mail this week, I like it. It's right on time for the summer. It goes well with 4711 but I digress. Its consistency is viscous at best. It lathers well. It's just a turn off when you squeeze a new tube of cream and it comes out like dish soap, know what I'm saying? On the other hand, it did lather well. I like the cooling and the lanolin. I suppose all I'm getting at is... has this happened to any of you gents?

2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I've just about finished my first tube of Ingram. Probably only 3 or 4 shaves left in it and I've been using it pretty exclusively since I opened it. This stuff is right up there with my favorites now.

The scent really isn't much to talk about. Seems like it's just the scent of the menthol. But this cream's performance is top notch. Great slickness, plenty of cushion, and the skin care is really good. It has a nice level of cool. Feels pretty close to the same level as Proraso green to me and that's right about where I like it.

If you like menthol, you want to try this stuff!

3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Ingram is one of my favorites. I've tried both the British and Egyptian versions. I like the Egyptian one better. It's colder and less watery. But it smells the same and has the same skincare. Only downsides are that it is hard to find and comes in a smaller tube.

crackstar and feeltheburn like this.
  4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Didn't even realize there was an Egyptian one. Mine was the UK version. It is a little runny and I seem to use more of it to get the amount of lather I want but no big deal. It's definitely worth the $5 I spent on it.

crackstar and Ryan B like this.
  5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I also find it colder than Proraso Green. I might be numbed after trying Glacial though.

crackstar and Omelmad like this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

lolllllllllllllllllllllll A Glacial soap is enough to numb a polar bear!

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My goodness, Jeff. This thread has to be one of the first 100 ever started!
    The best part is you're still around after all these years!!

crackstar likes this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yeah, ain't it the truth! ;)

It's great that you too are still around!

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Sir Jeff, I'd love to spend a 3 day weekend at your home, not only checking out your amazing shaving treats you have, but to just hangout.