Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

My Menthol Monday was brought by:
    TSD preshave balm+M-Bomb
    4/8 Rebell
    TSD ISZ soap +M-Bomb
    BigBoarBrush
    L'Oreal AS splash +M-Bomb
    Really frosty and pleasant shave, despite the fact I'm running out of TSD ISZ soap.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

I cannot believe how the Stirling soaps became my favourites when a year ago I had never even heard of them. This Glacial Wintergreen has a scent which drives me crazy, it lathers so easily and richly, its menthol power is like taking a shower with ice-cold water, and its skincare is so soothing and gentle. It was my dear friend Ryan who introduced me to these wonderful treasures by sending me a couple of them early last winter and I fell in love with them immediately. The Diana Sport balm and the Rubby Dubby Doo are another two face-freezers which I'm proud to say I love! ;) :D

3. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

TSD preshave balm+M-Bomb
    Torrey
    TSD ISZ soap +M-Bomb
    BigBoarBrush
    TSD English Fern ASM+M-Bomb
    Finally the bottle of M-Bomb is over. My luck I have a spare!

GDCarrington, Jasman and crackstar like this.
  4. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

What a way to start off a shaving week - the MITA is one of my top-favourite soaps, with a lovely tropical and citrusy scent. Its lather is so rich and easy to create with perfect stability. What a nice cooling effect it also gives with awesome skincare. The Sharp blades start off great, but some of them start petering out after just two shaves so I'll watch this one. The 444 balm and the Rubby Dubby Doo ensure frigidness and comfort in the hottest weather. ;) :D

GDCarrington and Jasman like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 6/2/2014 ...

[​IMG]

crackstar and Jasman like this.
  6. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday
    What a perfect day for menthol. It's already 71° at 6am, and humid. Sadly, the cooling effect won't last all day. Synergy is my favorite menthol soap because it's very cold - much colder than Proraso Green, but even more because of the tea tree oil. This oil helps make my skin feel great while reducing redness that I have due to rosacea. My HIS easily whipped up yougurty lather to set up my whiskers, while my SC101 mowed them down like a boss.

Prep: RR/HTGAM lime menthol
    Soap: HTGAM Synergy Frost_Byte
    Brush: HIS
    Blade: Personna lab blue (3)
    AS: Krampert's Finest Frostbite
    [​IMG]

7. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday is here.
    8/8 W&B restored by Glen
    3B brush
    TSD ISZ soap +M-Bomb
    Mayor Energy Platinum splash
    Smooth and frosty!

8. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

It just can't get any colder than this - everything I'm using is so cold. The Neutrogena facial wash smells very nice and if you leave it on your face for a minute or two you'll feel a damned strong chill from it. The Glacial Wintergreen soap is off the charts in menthol power, and the vastly-improved lather is such a pleasure to work with. The Diana Sport/Rubby Dubby Doo combination definitely puts the "icing" on the cake! ;) :D

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 6-9-2014 ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    crackstar and Jasman like this.
  10. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

For all you Menthol-heads: This may be old news to you, but I found a mentholated shampoo: Dove Men+Care Fresh Clean. I smell the menthol more than I feel it, but it's still a nice addition to the routine.

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  11. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

Damn, I keep saying this almost day after day but for a Menthol Monday shave nothing could possibly beat a set-up which includes a Glacial soap. The Lemon Chill smells so nice and invigorating with tons of awesome lather and the menthol effect is so strong that it's almost painful. The 444 balm together with the Rubby Dubby Doo is altogether like Siberia in January!

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave 6-16-2014 ...

[​IMG]

Jasman and crackstar like this.
  13. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

I'm so in love with that Glacial Wintergreen soap that I decided to use it again - that scent drives me crazy, that lather is awesome, and that freezing effect ensures that you won't sweat for even a second. With the help of the 444 balm and the Rubby Dubby Doo, you're guaranteed to feel cool and comfortable the whole day. :) :D

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

15. crackstar

Menthol Monday!

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

If this set-up doesn't freeze a man's face off then nothing will. The Gatsby facial wash is icy-cold, and the sensation lasts quite some time. To this day I cannot get over how frigid this Glacial Wintergreen soap's awesome lather and beautiful scent, not to mention the intensity of the freezing effect it gives. The 444 balm together with the Rubby Dubby Doo are a heavenly combination. ;) :D

16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Menthol Shave 6-30-2014 ... Featuring Jeff

[​IMG]

17. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Tonight's planned shave is going to be cold water, using Stirling Black Ice soap, followed up with a splash of Osage Rub.

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  18. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Rapira
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

It's been some time since I've used a Rapira blade and they're my favourites because they're not only very sharp and smooth, they have better longevity than almost any other blades. As far as freezing is concerned it's very difficult to beat a set-up like this one - even the Neutrogena facial wash is pretty darned cold. The Glacial Wintergreen soap has everything about it that I love - its scent, lather, frigidly-cold feeling, and skincare. There's nothing like the 444 balm followed by the Rubby Dubby Doo. ;) :D

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 7 July 2014 ...

[​IMG]

20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Nice, but what about the aftershave?

GDCarrington likes this.