Different Blades on Different Parts of My Face. Insanity???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Majoofi, May 19, 2014.

1. Majoofi

Majoofi New Member

I've been working my way through a big sampler pack of razor blades and have been keeping notes so that I don't forget which ones like and so forth. Here's what I have for my shave with the ASCO red super stainless:

"Slightly dull pulled a bit but with really good feedback, but it felt more difficult than usual under my nose, but worked really well on the back of my neck."

So the question is whether or not this experience is all about technique of shaving, if indeed it's possible that for some people it makes a difference to shave different parts of the face with a different blade, or if I need to see a psychiatrist?

any one else experience this?

2. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

Never heard of anyone using a different blade for a specific area of the face. I believe it boils down to technique and good lather. I'll leave any professional help to your call ;).

PatrickA51 and BigT like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I think you are over thinking this shaving bit. Have solid prep. Solid technique. Good tools. Relax and shave!

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

This.

imGrunt, PatrickA51 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I'm going with insanity.

SRNewb, Ryan B and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have to agree, I find that if I take my time while I am Shaving I get a good or DFS to BBS shaves.

I find that when I shave WTG, I get a DFS then when I shave XTG, on my second pass, I do after my first pass, use a hot towel and wipe my face off then I re-apply my Pre-Shave oil, then put more shaving soap lather on. Then I shave again and get a DFS to a BBS shave.
    Good Luck.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

ROFL :happy097::happy102::happy108:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'm too lazy for all that.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I think your asking about using different blades for different places on your face, no I don't.
    BUT, I do use two razors while shaving. I find that the slant does superb at reducing the stubble. but I use the 34c to square my sideburns and touchups

GDCarrington and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I would go with insanity as well. We all have trouble spots my good man.

11. Codfish

Codfish Member

+1 I've heard pf this before, although I think the real issue is technique. Many of us can get a good shave from almost any razor. No need to use two.

GDCarrington and BigMark like this.
  12. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

This ^^^^

Take your time, go slowly. No need to race.

BigMark likes this.
  13. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Yes, I used different razors and don't see a problem. Main parts of my face I use a straight razor and around my lips I use an old injector type C Schick .

Back of the neck I use a '04 Gillette.

Majoofi likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

If you have an area that is really sensitive where you need a very mild razor and blade, leaving one to do that spot is not unheard of.

Some people also use two razors, one for reducing and one for finishing. Usually mild then aggressive to allow the last pass to be free from tugging and pulling to get to the maximum closeness.

CyanideMetal and ObiDon like this.
  15. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

If psychiatric consultation is covered by your medical plan, seeing a psychiatrist is a viable option. :)