Parker 92R

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dr. Tim Wilkins, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Dr. Tim Wilkins

Dr. Tim Wilkins Active Member

Does anyone use this razor on a regular or semi-regular basis? If so, what is your impression of it? It is my first razor and don't have anything to gauge it by yet. Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have a Parker 80R, which is similar, I would guess, as both the 80R and 92R are listed as heavyweight TTO (twist to open) razors, just different handles.
    Although I've never tried the 92R, if it shaves anything like the 80R, it's a good razor. I keep it in my rotation.
    Some folks will talk about poor QC from Parker, but I haven't had any issues.

3. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    What up, Doc? I can't exactly answer your question, but I started with a Parker 71R (3 pc razor). It was a little bit aggressive for me as a noob. I retired it early on and switched to a Weishi (know for being mild). Later on, I dug out the 71R on a whim and was really pleased with it.

I tell you this story in case you think the 92R a bit rough coming out of the gate. If you find your face paying a higher price than you can bear, don't give up on a perfectly good razor! Try some training wheels and then jump back on when you are a more confident rider.

Good luck and welcome to the Den!
    Sean

4. azsteelman

azsteelman Member

I like it - it was one of two razors on my first purchase. It's been good to me so far.

5. Dr. Tim Wilkins

Dr. Tim Wilkins Active Member

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. Tried a generic razor from Sally's Beauty Supply tonight and it was ROUGH! Very aggressive razor. I think it will be one I put away for a while.

6. fmckinney53

fmckinney53 New Member

It was the Shaving factory tto razor...very aggressive and rough..also

7. fat face

fat face New Member

I have a 90r, very harsh on my face

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've never seen a Parker in person but this thread got me curious. The 29L, based on the Lady Gillette, is really cool looking. I wonder how it shaves and what the plating is like. I might tell the wife about it. Anyone know?