Tweezerman for a travel brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by fat face, May 28, 2014.

1. fat face

fat face New Member

Looking for a cheap but decent travel brush. Has anyone used the tweezerman and if so what are your thoughts

2. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

It was my first brush.

It's cheap. It's a bit scratchy. It dries pretty fast with a few hard shakes. It will lose hairs and mine seemed to give birth to several tangles. It travels well in the side pocket of my dopp bag that has a mesh pocket. And does its job with some caveats.

When it wears out... For $10 I'll buy another.

If you don't travel much - it's perfect. If you're always on the road, I'd go for something a tad nicer in the same price range.

Omega and Parker have some decent brushes that are similarly priced.

I got an Omega 48 - which is huge, for $8 on Amazon a few months ago and think its awesome. Despite its size, I'd take it traveling too.

Consider also if you travel, if you normally bowl lather, if you want to face or palm lather when you travel (or just bring or find a bowl). I found my Tweezerman was a bit too scratchy for face lathering and gave me a bit of brush burn. I've been experimenting more with face lathering with it and just find that I don't have that problem with the Omega - which is boar. Might be a different story if I tried cream (been using Proaso tub and Palmolive stick so far).

Good luck, happy travels, and may the BBS follow you wherever the road takes you.

3. fat face

fat face New Member

Thanks for the advice I just ordered the 10048 from Omega. I have a smaller Omega that I like, I may make it my travel brush and keep the 48 at home. I do like the Omega I have.