Tried something new - C.O. Bigelow cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Warhorse, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Dr. Tim Wilkins

Dr. Tim Wilkins Active Member

Now I am going to have to get some and try it. My wife loves that store so it shouldn't be difficult to get her to go with me. :)

2. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Love C.O. Bigelow.

3. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Ummm, no. I had an allergic reaction to the old Proraso, so I watched with interest when the new formula came out, and notified everybody on here last year when Bigelow labels started showing the new ingredients. I enjoy the new formula a lot, and have no problems with it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  4. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

People think I'm crazy but I always felt that the C.O. cream was a little richer, creamier and slicker than the Proraso. They have about 99% of the same ingredients but I think the ratio might be a little different. Maybe I got an old tube of Proraso.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. fat face

fat face New Member

Love the c.o. Bigelow

6. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

Just noticed today Bath & Body Works is having a buy 2 get 1 free on anything C.O. Bigelow. Picked up 3 of the travel sized tubes for $10 which ends up about the same price and content as a single big tube. This will be my first cream and looking forward to trying as the Proaso green tub is one of my favorites.

7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I tried C.O. Bigelow yesterday. It isn't my favorite but it certainly has a place in my rotation.

8. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

About the same as Proraso. I think Proraso sells them their excess product ?

9. Charles K

Charles K New Member

I tried the C O Bigelow last night, boy it sure makes a nice lather. This was my first venture into the world of Shaving Creams and it was pleasant. Very good

10. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

I like the C.O. Bigelow too.

11. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

Good stuff! And can get it right up the street from my house. :transport016:

12. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Bigelow. It's got a nice amount of menthol and it lathers really well. And I like the old school metal tube lol

13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

+1

14. Alan H

Alan H Member

I, too, believe it is Proraso in disguise. Proraso is a much better value and one of my favs.

15. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I like it and keep it in my rotation. The local Bath and a Body Works has the special on pretty much all the time, or so it seems, which makes it a good deal as well as a good cream.

16. Fangface

Fangface Active Member

While relatively new in that I haven't tried many creams, this one is the one I can get to a great lather every time in the shower!

17. Alan H

Alan H Member

:signs011: I agree. Smells just like Proraso green and when I asked in a store where they sell it, they said it was.

18. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

C.O. Bigelow is Proraso rebranded. It's the American brand name from Proraso.

19. Alan H

Alan H Member

But, Proraso comes in a much bigger tube for less than the smaller sized C.O.

20. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

You may be thinking of the small size CO Bigelow tube. They come in two sizes and the large one is the same 150 ml as Proraso. If you catch CO Bigelow on sale, you can get it a little cheaper.