Trying to buy a Gillette Fat Boy - (Got One )

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TexasTiger, Jun 11, 2014.

1. fat_boy

fat_boy New Member

I picked up a user grade F2 on the bay for $50 on a "buy it now" with a pack of crystal blades included. A good candidate for a replate, but I think I'll just use it for now. Upon trying it, I quickly discovered why these are so sought after.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. fat_boy

fat_boy New Member

I picked a user grade F2 on the bay for $50 on a "buy it now". A good candidate for a replate, but I think I'll just use it for now. Upon trying it, I quickly discovered why these are so sought after.[​IMG][​IMG]

Adonis likes this.
  3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Congratulations. While not a Fatboy, I was able to pick up a Slim, and for only 27 bux.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations. Yep! Patience is the key. Glad you finally got yours.

I had been trying for about a year, one razor at a time. Then, I decided to "watch" for a week and see what they were going for. I ended up putting in bids on four at one time with a maximum of $50. I figured if I won them all I could keep the best and sell the rest, but only one took. I am happy with the one I got. It cleaned up great and I have been enjoying exclusively ever since. I have got to give it a rest and show some attention to other favorites.
    fat_boy_e2_06.JPG

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    ObiDon and maltedmilk like this.
  5. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Nice! I've been looking to get an adjustable also. I've pretty much given up on obtaining a nice Fat Boy, so my next choice is an adjustable Slim Black Beauty, followed by a regular Slim adjustable..

6. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Adonis, Slims are going cheap right now. I got one for 28 bucks.

BigMark and Adonis like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Hey, the Slim is a great razor, and you got a great deal. The Slim is just a Fatboy with a longer, slimmer handle.
    slim_fatboy01.jpg

BigMark and Adonis like this.
  8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Might be why I thought it was a Fatboy at first glance :ashamed001: .