Anyone have a travel jar for thier shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by FanofAceVentura, Jun 29, 2014.

1. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

Im going to my grandpas for 1 to 2 weeks and need a container or jar for my Van Der Hegan shave soap
    that I can melt it in for a good shave wean I"m down there hes 87 and does not tolerate facial hair
    If you guys do may i have a link on amazon or where ever thanks guys

2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Try a small screw-top plastic food jar from Wallie World. Inexpensive and works great. (Personally, I prefer a tube of cream or a soap stick for travel).
    image.jpg

RaZorBurn123 and Bobcat like this.
  3. FanofAceVentura

thanks i will have to hunt one down

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Any grocery store will have Gladlock fake tupperware out with the sandwich and freezer bags. They're inexpensive and work well. I use the small ones to melt soap in when I'm messing around with scents.

Bobcat and FanofAceVentura like this.
  5. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

:signs011: +1 That's what I use. You don't have to melt the soap, because it'll fit in them just fine. If you want to melt your soaps they are microwavable, just use 5-10 second bursts (no more!) until it's melted.

BigMark likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Do you have a dollar store? If so, you'll find lots of good containers. And much more cool stuff you can use for shaving. Have a good vacation. :happy069:

burnout961 likes this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

The plastic packaging of the VDH puck itself would work for travel as it has a lid that opens and closes securely and it does allow lathering directly on the puck while the soap is still inside the plastic. It can travel in luggage within its original card board box .

burnout961 likes this.
  8. FanofAceVentura

it falls out to mutch ive tried useing it lol i bought a container on west coast shaveing with a blade bank so i should be fine thanks guys

Hanzo likes this.