DE Newb Here!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Brian H., Jul 3, 2014.

1. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

Welcome and as to the razor burn on the neck; I can remember having the same problem when I started out years ago due to not knowing the direction of the growth on my neck, causing me to do too many passes and use too much pressure on some areas, but once I learned how my hair grew the problem was solved.

Brian H. and BigMark like this.
  2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Mapping your growth is a must. It has taken me a while to get here but I can get a 1 pass CCS with minor touch ups. Not to mention though, Witch hazel is great for Razor Burn. Keep a bottle of that for RB and some Acne Pads, such as Noxzema or Stridex for ingrown hairs.

Brian H. and J_Man like this.
  3. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Den!

Brian H. likes this.
  4. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

+1 on the Witch hazel I use it after every shave either alone, or a 50/50 mix of WH and Aloe for the times I need something a little more soothing.

BigMark and Brian H. like this.
  5. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

:signs046: Brian!!

Brian H. likes this.
  6. Brian H.

Brian H. Member

Thanks for all the recommendations, fellas. I plan on getting some WH, but I've already started getting less irritation due to better quality lather production and technique. I know my beard map - I paid attention to the growth even when I was using the Mach 3.

I really like the Merkur razor I have AND my folks are sending me my dad's and gpa's old DE razors(and his old brush!). One of them is the Gillette Fatboy adjustable. I'll post up pics when they arrive. I am super stoked about this.

Omelmad and BigMark like this.
  7. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

Welcome aboard Brian H.

Brian H. likes this.
  8. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Welcome to the den, enjoy your shave

Brian H. likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Please sign up for the July Newbie drawing. Here

10. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Welcome to The Shave Den I hope you enjoy it here. Nice starter setup and even nicer new old razor from your folks.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Welcome!

Brian H. likes this.
  12. Brian H.

Brian H. Member

Thanks! Bear Down AZ!