[For NBJ participants]: What is the first thing you'll be buying in August?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

For those 30+ brave souls still participating in NoBuyJuly...;

"What is the first thing(s) you'll be buying in August?"

or

Are you so content you won't have any purchase plans at all? :)

Me, I think I will be getting a new brush. I want to experience a decent badger brush this year.

Having said that, participating in NBJ have actually almost killed my desire for new soaps as I realize how many I already have on my shelf...

Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Some AS samples from the TSD store.

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

A whole gigantic mess of Gem SE Blades from Connaught. I think 300 are in order in my future.

Omelmad, fram773, Darkbulb and 2 others like this.
  4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Same here.

fram773, Darkbulb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

NBJ has really opened my eyes, I have everything I need. I'm sure I'll have wants, and that want is a RR Stealth Slant. And the daily little things like Witch Hazel and Alum. I have an app that reminds me of how much money I've spent with online purchases. Alarming..

PatrickA51, Omelmad, Ryan B and 2 others like this.
  6. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Utopia, I've heard great things about it, um... maybe a Weber or SC. I know I'm gonna get SDM AS and maybe Fine Platinum.

Darkbulb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I really don't need any shaving stuff for a while. I might make some PSO or having soap, but I've already got the ingredients.

Omelmad and Darkbulb like this.
  8. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

A new razor cuz the flare tip I just got back is way too mild. And htgam cavendish cologne/aftershave just because

Darkbulb likes this.
  9. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

Arko, I just gave my mug of it to my brother from another mother with a Gillette Slim and a VDH Boar brush. Hoping I can get him converted.

Bristle Me likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Mr. Dapper
    This is the 2nd time that I read you'd like to have a Utopia razor. I have a brand new one in box and never used. If you would like it. Please pm me all the shipping info and I'll send it your way.

Bristle Me, ShorTea, Chuck F and 7 others like this.
  11. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I've been thinking about this. I think maybe... nothing. Not sure though. Maybe some more Stirling samples, but I really do have enough of everything. Due to the calendar anomaly, August is my 3 paycheck month. I've got some other, non-shaving related things to get for a 2 week trip in October, and some stuff like that, so I may just let the no-shave July thing ride for awhile.

PatrickA51 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  12. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I might get cheap and buy some Arko AS Balm Sensitive and Arko shave sticks. I have this urge to try out Arko and it dirt cheap.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. Mr. Shaverman

Get some Arko cream. It's not bad, and it doesn't smell like Arko soap.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Oooh that's not a bad idea either. I might put that on my list.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

So..you're saying it's only half as good. :)

16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

KnockOut Shave and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

I like the smell of Arko soap! I just didn't want anyone to be disappointed by the smell of the cream ;)

If you want a real treat, make a superlather with Arko soap and Derby Lavender and Derby Lemon creams. It's like smearing Trix cereal all over your face and the lather is unbeatable.

RaZorBurn123, Omelmad and Darkbulb like this.
  18. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

A couple hundred injector blades from Connaught. I have zero left. I'm in no rush though- I'm still trying to get the hang of this straight razor stuff.. Maybe order some GEM SE blades to augment my stockpile. Maybe some Feather SE blades with a Valet I've been wanting to try?

RaZorBurn123 and Darkbulb like this.
  19. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Hmmm, probably nothing... I have everything I need already. :taunt002:

20. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I will be buying a new mug in August, to replace the one I already have. That will be my last shaving-related purchase except for consumables (blades, soap, aftershave), and even those only to replace things of which I am about to run out. The two cakes of soap I have should last until 2015, as will the blades and aftershave.

Chuck F and RaZorBurn123 like this.