Shave Tourist in London

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dslazar9, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I Just returned from a trip to London. No buy July was doomed from the start for me. I swear I planned this trip well before I knew about it. It was quite a thrill to see all of the T's and the proprietors of those historic shops. I didn't really buy that much, honestly most of it can be purchased online for about the same amount of money. There was a great sale on TOBS creams so had to indulge on those. I also got a straight razor at Trumper's. The barber put it to stone and put a fantastic edge on it. I'm not sure why I expected it to be a sandpaper-like edge, but it was perfect. Below are some of my pics. Got a few strange stares from a lot of people as I snapped these (especially the guy in the Trumper's shop, and my wife/kids). These shops are all within a few square blocks of each other-shaving haven. IMG_0064_2.jpg jermyn.jpg Trmp.jpg Just got back from London, I had Trump2.jpg tobs.jpg DR Harris.jpg jermyn.jpg jermyn.jpg Trmp.jpg Trump2.jpg tobs.jpg DR Harris.jpg

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Very cool! I hope to do that same trip.

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Nice trip. Which scents in TOBS cream did you indulge yourself in? =)

4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Very nice.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Jealous! Very cool!

6. Dslazar9

I got several as gifts-Jermyn St, Lime, Coconut. They were on sale-4 for 15 pounds-usually 28! I got Avocado for myself. I love their Avocado
    and ran out of it a few weeks ago.

Omelmad likes this.
  7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Avokado does seem interesting to me

8. Dslazar9

Very very very protective. Great if you have irritation. Some people think it's a strange scent, but I like it. It smells nothing
    like Avocado. I'm not sure how to describe the scent.