TSD's revolving grab bag

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by peacefrog, Jan 5, 2008.

1. freebird

freebird Active Member

If there is a quatro in there it'll be there after it leaves my hands lol.

Not to imply that it is here, because it isn't yet, but should be any day now.

2. freebird

freebird Active Member

according to the tracking number, the box should be delivered here tomorrow. :happy088 Will get in touch with Hoglahoo,and I'm guessing it will be Monday or Tuesday before we get together as he works on the weekends.

3. freebird

freebird Active Member

Box just arrived, and oh boy does it smell good. :drool Took a quick peek inside will wait for Hoglahoo before I add or subtract anything. (gonna be hard to resist though rofl) We will try to get together, at an undisclosed location.

Pictures to follow.......................

edit:
    Just heard from Hoglahoo, we won't be able to meet up as planned, so I will mail the box to Cowboy and then on Hoglahoo will get it later.
    as promised, pictures of the box when I got it. Will make pics of what I put in and take out and send post it on Monday.
    Tony

box pass 006.jpg

box pass 007.jpg

box pass 008.jpg

4. freebird

freebird Active Member

Yes Rod, your eyes did not fool you, there is a Quattro in the box.

5. Automaton-Tim

Automaton-Tim New Member

I see that my Gorilla Tape closure on the box survived the USPS. Good to know that the Quattro made it intact.:happy102

6. freebird

freebird Active Member

Yeah, I left the Quattro, I figured Rod wanted that one next time around. :scared001 That gorilla tape didn't want ME to get in the box lol.

7. Automaton-Tim

Automaton-Tim New Member

I love that stuff, I have used it as a car-repair staple for a while, still can't find a better MacGuyver tool. :D

8. freebird

freebird Active Member

Was hoping that I could make the p.o. today, but unforeseen circumstances prevented my trip. The box will be on its way to Cowboy on Monday. I tried to put in as much as I took out, and even re-packed some things to make it fit. (I did toss the shaving brush box, the brush is still in the grab bag). The pictures are a bit blurry, sorry about that. what I put in was:
    • Lucky Tiger hair tonic,
    • Lone Star moustache wax,
    • Proraso shaving cream 95+% left (have another tube),
    • Nivea after shave balm 80- 90% left,
    • Old Spice original scent after shave (new),
    • Black Suede cologne (new),
    • Personna Double Edge blades -two unopened packages
    • unopened shaving pucks from a local barber supply -two of them, one for sensitive skin,
    • unscented shaving soap pucks - two of these also(smells like lye soap), both unused with one in the original packaging,
    • three Gillette shaving samples,
    • one Wilkinson sword blue ufo shaving soap-horrid horrid stuff - received this in a multi-soap purchase some time back.
    • one nick stop shaving powder (stops bleeding)
    • one Murray's Pomade - new can

What I took out:

• Lucky Tiger a/s
    • Olive Oil soap
    • Murray's Pomade
    • Clubman talc
    • Clubman travel set
    • VDH soap
    • VDH shaving bowl
    • Clubman shaving cream
    • pre-shave lotion (leaking)
    • Every Man Jack post shave lotion

Now, for some more pictures:

what I put in:
    box pass 014.jpg

and what I took out:
    box pass 010.jpg

9. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Oh sweet, this is awesome! I've never used a DE and it looks like some are in there. I want freebird's proraso cream too - oh wait, oops, it's going to cowboy first before me, hehe.

This is a great idea, I wonder if anyone will be irritated if I toss into the box a rough straight razor

10. freebird

freebird Active Member

There's already a straight in the box, two can't hurt. :happy088

11. freebird

freebird Active Member

The eagle has flown, and is headed to Cowboy in Norman, OK. :happy088
    tracking # is: 0306 1070 0003 5713 3717 (currently not in the system, should show up late this evening or early tomorrow)

I did add one new can of Murray's Pomade to the box. Wanted to make sure I put in more than I took out.

12. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Count me in. Sounds great.

13. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

It's got a couple of stops yet to go in the States, then it's off to Europe. After that, if we decide to send it around again, we'll add you to the list.

14. freebird

freebird Active Member

USPS tracking shows that it has arrived in Norman, so Cowboy should have it this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest.:bounce015

15. cowboy5192

cowboy5192 New Member

Eagle Has Landed

Just arrived. The Lucky Tiger tried to escape and I will double bag it if it stays. :D The box may need to be retired due to the Tiger's mishap unless it is crucial to the war effort. I am concerned that it may not make it across the pond.

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Those boxes can be had at the post office free of charge.

17. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Is it going across the pond?

18. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

That is my understanding

19. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

it most definitely is :D

20. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I'll be sending it over once it works its way back to me. Is there anything that's easily available here that isn't over there that I should include in the box?