TSD's revolving grab bag

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by peacefrog, Jan 5, 2008.

1. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Yeah, I took Tony's nearly full tube and put in my own 3/4 used tube :) It was used when I got it too, in fact it originally came from the Netherlands. Maybe it will make it back over there lol

By the way I forgot to mention that I really did take out every single thing I thought I might want. But the box is still bursting at the seams!

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Cool. Looks like you were generous with your contributions too.

3. Ragnost

Ragnost Member

A Swedish FrameBack :happy097:happy097:happy097

4. freebird

freebird Active Member

How bout the Swedish Bikini Team? :happy088

5. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

We'll send the Bikin's and keep the team ;)

In all honesty, the "Swedish Bikini Team" is a hoax... half of them aren't even Swedish... and they wouldn't make it in to a national team over here, trust me!

I have some ideas ;)

6. freebird

freebird Active Member

lol I figured that, but thought it might be good for a laugh.:rofl

7. hoglahoo

And it's on its way!

Someone needs to soon take at least one or two heavy items, the shipping charge was $12.95 priority, and I don't think a box that size will suffer anymore surplus

Attached Files:

8. freebird

freebird Active Member

It's gained in weight since it left my house. I don't remember exactly the weight,but it cost 10.95 from Chouteau to Norman OK.

9. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

is it no longer in a flat rate box? That apparently is a good thing, I think it was just under $14 for me to send the flat rate box.

10. hoglahoo

If you zoom in on the box in the photo here, you can see the box says "Large Flat Rate Box For Domestic and International Use" http://anwealde.com/razors/2008-07-24--21.19.00/00025.jpg
    If you bought insurance then that is probably why it was $1 more. The recipient following me requested no insurance, but I probably should have bought it anyway

11. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

OK, I received the box today. There's a ton of stuff in there. The plan is to ship it from here over to Europe. I'll go through the thread and add names, etc later this evening after my 14-month-olds get put to bed. I'm a little behind the game because of vacation, then getting caught up, etc.

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

do you have twins?

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yep, Bob and his wife adopted twins a few months ago. Pics in this thread.

How are the girls doing, Bob?

14. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Congrats on the adoption. My wife and I are considering adopting a tween girl.

let me know how it goes.

15. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

They're doing amazingly well. They were severely malnourished during their first two months of life, but they're as healthy as can be now. The vacation we just got back from was five days of camping at a music festival, and they had an absolute blast!

16. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I think I'm going to pull all the after shaves and colognes out of the box before I send it to Europe. One of them broke open on its way to me and made a little bit of a mess. Plus they add a lot of weight. And there's also the issue of shipping alcohol. I'll put in a few interesting, lighter-weight things.

I'd post pictures, but my camera was stolen during our vacation.

17. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

You camera was stolen at a music festival?! Not much peace and love there. They are getting cheaper so here is hoping that you get another soon.

18. Pokerstar

Pokerstar New Member

I am in! Sounds great!

19. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Yeah, there seemed to be a couple bad apples there this year...like two out of approx 15k people. But this was rather a special case. Here's the long story...
    On the last day of the festival, a thunderstorm rolled in. We'd had several throughout the festival, so we're used to it. There's no really safe place to be, so we went under one of the big festival tents, in this case the kids activity tent. The storm turned really wicked, about the worst I've ever seen. We huddled all the kids in the middle of this tent while all us adults held down the poles along the perimeter. I was pushing against my pole with all my strength (along with two other people on this pole) to hold it against the wind. During a lull in the storm, they told us that most of the other tents on the site had collapsed, that another stronger storm was coming, and that we should all get out. So we left all our gear, went to my mother-in-law's nearby house (30 minutes away) for the night, and came back Monday morning. We later learned that there were 70 mph winds, golf ball-sized hail, and a tornado that luckily didn't touch down. It was a calculated risk to leave our stuff, but it was feeling like a matter of life and death at the time, so my only priority was getting my family out of there.

20. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Here's the remainder of the list. The full list appears on the first post of this thread.

mastermute
    moviemaniac + herzi
    DragonBoy
    Ragnost
    Back to the US!
    Single Wedge
    adady
    Pokerstar