SoS: August 4, 2014 - August 10, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 3, 2014.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The biggest issue most users seem to have is with the MdC scent. Some love it, other cannot abide it.
    I—and I consider myself fortunate, happen to enjoy both the regular MdC & the fougére scent.

Llyr, vwp528, Troy M and 3 others like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

8 August 2014 Planned Shave ...

[​IMG]

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140808.jpg

Dove Men's Face Wash
    TOBS Lavender Shaving Cream
    Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
    Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic
    Schick Stainless
    CWR
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Mennen SB AS

The TOBS Lavender Shaving Cream face-lathered very easily with my Semogue 1305 Boar brush. Two passes with my Schick Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic and a Schick Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a warm water rinse, alum block, and cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Mennen Skin Bracer after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I enjoy it. We have good taste. ;)

Llyr, vwp528, Omelmad and 1 other person like this.
  5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Thursday

MdC, Muhle R106, TSN 2013 LE, CC Cat o Nine Tails, Simpson Balm

uploadfromtaptalk1407462571494.jpg

6. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Shave for Aug 8, 2014

TSD Sandalwood lanolin soap
    Small Omega Boar
    Black Beauty SA, 1974
    Voskhod blade
    Captain's Choice Lime

DSCN0036[1] (800x600).jpg

7. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

How does the stirling grape fruit smell?

8. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I wouldn't mind knowing this as well, unfortunately all too often the citrus smells tend to have too much of an artificial note which gets annoying.

9. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Schick E2 Injector with Schick blade (4)
    Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
    Arko shaving soap with hot water lather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a CCS!

B B 34.JPG

10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Nice blade!:happy088:

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

FRIDAY
    Late Night Shave
    Early 4:00 am rise tomorrow means a nighttime shave tonight!
    Nothing fancy—simple 3-pass shave with the dependable Hersko.
    Have to work the PdP puck to get the lather up to speed, but once you do, it's very nice! Love the sage fragrance.

Have a blessed Friday everyone!

[​IMG]

12. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

It smells great, just like fresh grapefruit. I have a grapefruit tree in my backyard, and it's almost scary how similar the soap smells to the real thing. I've tried over a dozen Stirling soaps, and the grapefruit rivals Ozark Mountain as my favorite scent from Stirling. The performance is excellent as well.

13. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

SOTD for 08Aug14 Friday {update}
    [​IMG]
    Left to Right; Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Brush; VDH Luxury Mug Set Loaded VDH Luxury Soap ; Weber 3pc. 85mm W/ Classic Handle ; Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil ;Wilkinson Sword DE Blades Black Container ; Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

• Shower & Pre-Shave:
    Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
    Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care For Men Bar Soap
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil
    Wet Face Towel Soaked in "Ice Cold Water"

• Deodorant's :
    Mennen Speed Stick

• Razor & Razor Blades:
    Weber 3pc. 85mm W/Classic Handle
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blades {1}

• Shaving Mug & Shaving Soap & Brush:
    VDH Luxury Mug Set
    VDH Luxury Shave Soap
    Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Black&White Marbled Resin Handle

• After Shave Balm's:
    RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave
    T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• After Shave:
    Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

As I said last night, I will again use the WTG-XTG-ATG method. Being as it has worked well and produces a great DFS Shave. I did get a BBS Shave on Thursday Morning. I have not had any "Nick's or Weeper's" using this method. I will continue to using my Wilkinson Sword DE Blades until the weekend. I had to put in a New Razor Blade today. I could not take another shave with that blade seemed dull, Then as I said before on Saturday it will be a "NO Shave Day" Being as I put in a new blade today I will not need to put a different blade in my razor on Sunday. I also received some shaving soap samples and I will start using it on Sunday. I will also continue using my Weber Razor with a new Razor Blade. I will not be using a Polisilver Razor Blade. I will wait until next week to use them and see how well it works for me. Also I decided to switch to my Above the Tie R-1 and see how it works for me. I will switch the short handle on the R-1 plate to the M-1 plate and use the long handle with the R-1 base plate.

14. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Gem Push Button
    GEM (SS-PTFE) (d3)
    Ingram/TSD Old Spice
    Omega 64
    Kramperts Frostbite
    Aspen Cologne

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Rapira day 5
    Nanny's Ice & a Slice SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lubriderm Unscented Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Versace L'Homme EdT

Nice shave this morning although the Rapira seems to be getting a bit duller, but I think it'll hold up for a couple of days and then I'll replace it. This Ice & a Slice soap smells fantastic and it lathers quite well with a hell of a menthol sensation. The Aqua Velva provided a pretty good cooling effect of its own. For those of you who don't know, my Super Speed dates back to the 1950's - what a DE it is. ;) :D

Have a great weekend, folks! :)

16. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Frey's Day:

Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: RazoRock One-X
    Razor: FaTip Piccolo
    Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (3)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (4, 5)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, RazoRock One-X AS splash
    Cologne: Le 3e Homme de Caron by Caron

Gents - and ladies - if you like RazoRock products at all, I think you owe it to yourselves to try this One-X; it's simply outstanding, with just enough menthol to notice, and amazing performance. With better lather, the Perma-Sharp responded better today than it did for my last shave, on Wednesday, and I'm tempted to call this two-pass shave BBS. It's certainly very nearly BBS, with the exceptions being the spots my beard grows in contrary to the general direction of its majority. And, of course, my skin feels great.

17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    pur tech synthetic
    C.O.Bigelow
    Merkur 39c
    persona lab(2)
    virgin island bay rum
    today's shave was rushed. up late, lots to do. close shave none the less. Prolly due to the slant, was a little scared it would bite me. it didn't, and I got a nice shave. finished with bay rum.
    hope y'all have a nice day 20140808_072555.jpg

18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Friday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Cocoa Butter Bath Soap
    Soap: Cold River Soap Works-Original Bergamot & Bay
    Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
    Blade: Viking’s Sword (4)
    Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip-22mmx48mm
    Aftershave: Grey Flannel

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

CRSW Bergamot & Bay Original today. Great lather! NEW SC + VS=good smooth, close shave. One small Adam's Apple nick-shouldn't snooze when shaving. I finished up with Grey Flannel.

Bob

[​IMG]

19. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Friday:
    hot shower w/Pinaud Clubman scented body wash
    ShaveSecret PSO
    Gillette Knack 2+ passes
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Black (2)
    Burma Shave boar
    Burma Shave soap in a warm mug
    Thayers w/aloe
    Canoe AS

Could've skipped shaving today but the Knack was up next and I was anxious to use it.

0808140545.jpg

20. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Shave of the day

Pre- Hot shower + homemade PSO

Soap/cream- Nivea shave cream

Brush- Omega boar 10810

Razor- Mühle R89

Blade- Astra SP

Post- Cold water rinse and Nivea ASB

2 days growth shaved off with 3 pass shave, 2 passes WTG and 1 pass XTG. Darn fine shave, not the closest but thats OK.

First time using Nivea shave cream. Its really nice. Easy to lather and smells nice. Its a faint smell, not strong at all.

I started with a little bit to dry brush Which resulted in me having to ad water a couple more times than usual. But that's no problem.

The 2 first passes where really good? The lather stayed there. But I didn't have a lot of lather left for a 100% third pass. I did do a whole pass but the lather was a liiiittle to thin for my taste. Ease fix though, a little more cream next time. All in all, a really nice shave!

[​IMG]