Shavers and Sidearms

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Sontag, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SDK

SDK it's his fault

One of my girls

[​IMG]

2. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

You must have some realllllllly big gophers in your back yard . . . .

3. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Not anymore!

TommyCarioca, Sontag, BamaT and 4 others like this.
  4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The PCR is my EDC.

ObiDon, Sontag and Ryan B like this.
  5. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

Not carry guns, but these are my competition guns:

[​IMG]

A pair of CZ's from Angus Hobdell's custom shop. The bottom one (without a mag well) is a CZ-75 Shadow. 9mm DA/SA without a firing pin block. This gun is my default for Steel Challenge, USPSA Production, IDPA SSP, and 3 gun. It's heavy for a 9mm, and on tape, the gun hardly moves during recoil. Great, fast gun.

The top (with the mag well) is a CZ CTS in .40. This is my USPSA Limited gun. SA only, trigger is about 1.75lb. Incredibly fast shooting gun. Heavier than the STI's I compete against, but with the snap of the .40 I prefer it that way. Mags with basepads hold 21 at the buzzer.

6. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Wow...That is a light trigger for a hand gun! Bet that thing fires if you think about moving your finger. Both Beauty BTW!

7. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

Yeah, the .40 fires by intuition. It's certainly the kind of gun that trains you to not move until your finger is completely out of the trigger guard. I can't imagine carrying a gun with a trigger that light, but man is it nice for those long targets in USPSA. Way more accurate than I'll ever be.

Sontag likes this.
  8. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Merkur 34c loaded with Wilkinson sword. 1911 Colt .45 Officers in stainless with Crimson Trace laser grips Wilson full length guide rod. Loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 185 gr. I carry the Colt every day. The one gives me a close shave and the other keeps me out of them.

Tattoobob, Sontag, BigT and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

1955 Flare Tip 20pct.jpg
    A universal tool suitable for cleaning whiskers from ones face. Liked by many, respected by most.

Remington 870 50pct.jpg

A universal tool capable of bringing peace and calm to almost any situation, usually permanently. Seriously liked by those holding the tool, seriously respected by all but the most foolish who happen to be looking at the other end.

I know this is supposed to be about sidearms, but I was taught from a young age
    that if the situation mandates you have a weapon, then you should bring something adequate for the task at hand.
    I prefer the Remington 870 12 ga. in riot configuration.
    To me, holding one of these is comforting, looking at one from the other end is not.
    This weapon speaks a universal language understood the world over, translation is never needed.
    I once witnessed one of these stop a huge bar fight just by having it's slide operated briskly. (nope, not kidding)

I later asked one of the fight participants why he stopped fighting so quickly and laid down on the bar floor.
    His response has stayed with me for nearly forty years.

"Son, I served two tours in Viet Nam. There is nothing else in world that sounds like a pump shotgun being shucked. Any fool knows that when you hear that sound, you can either stand still and do what you're told, or you can lean over and kiss your ass goodbye."

Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Tattoobob, Raven312, Sontag and 4 others like this.
  10. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Mike- If you ever take a tactical shooting course, one of the first things they teach you....

A handgun is what you use to fight your way to your rifle....

BamaT, Turk, Bristle Me and 1 other person like this.
  11. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

:signs011:

tntsl, Bristle Me and SDK like this.
  12. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

Yup. About the only thing handguns have going for them is that they are easier to have with you most times. In exchange for that portability, you give up significant stopping power and range. Life is a series of compromises...

13. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Ryan B likes this.
  14. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

That was an interesting read. I think it affirms what I've read about the .40 caliber. I've always wanted one.

15. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Nice den!

Bobcat likes this.
  16. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

SWEET

17. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

That is why they make scatter guns 12ga with let's say mild load like used for hunting dove pepper them just enough to be felt but not harmed,along with the blast from the shotgun should work no need to kill some ones family member.

18. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

Here are my three (my razors are in the box and I'm not opening it! LOL): Sig Sauer Nightmare Carry, CZ P-01 and Walther PPS (my EDC). 2014-04-20 19.05.09.jpg 2014-05-24 21.17.38.jpg

Tattoobob, ObiDon, Omaney and 2 others like this.
  19. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

My newest sidearm and shaver, both made in Germany.

The sidearm is a Sig Sauer P226 chambered in 40 cal. (357 sig barrel coming tomorrow)

I think the shaver is a Merkur travel razor; the only marking is a "MADE IN GERMANY" stamp on the bottom of the base plate.

[​IMG]

Tattoobob, ObiDon and Raven312 like this.
  20. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

My favorite...

Razor: Schick Krona
    Blade: Feather
    CCW: Springfield XD-S 3.3 .45ACP
    Ammo: Speer Gold Dot (Short Barrel) 230 gr .45ACP

[​IMG]

ObiDon and Raven312 like this.