Razor blades for the safty razor what are the best for you

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by FanofAceVentura, Aug 11, 2014.

?

razor blades what is the best!

1. Dorco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Persona Blue

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Astra SP

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Feather

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. gillette

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Shark

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Derby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Merkur

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. ther

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

my face has agreed more with the persona lab blue and dorco blades but what about you? what are some favorite blades of yourse

2. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

Seven O'Clock (Yellow Pack) works for me with my Shavecraft 101.

FanofAceVentura likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

My two favorite blades weren't listed Polsilver Super Iridiums and Vikings Sword made in the Personna plant in Israel. PolSilver Super Iridiums are probably the best blades I've ever used if cost is not a factor. However for me at least price does make a difference, so that would make "as of now" the "made in Israel" Vikings Sword the "BEST" blade I've ever used.. They are middle of the road in price, smooth, sharp and irritation free and certainly worth trying. :happy088:
    I actually like the Vikings Sword better than the Astra SP. The deal being offered on the VS blades by Liorfe on ebay is excellent also IMO. :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I voted for *ther because my favorite safty razor blade, the carbon steel Treet SE blade made by ASR isn't listed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Personna Lab Blue tend to work well with any one of my DE's.

Tdmsu and FanofAceVentura like this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

My "Top 5" Double Edge Blades:
    Personna Med Prep
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Gillette Silver Blue
    Gillette 7 O’Clock Green Super Stainless
    Personna Viking’s Sword

7. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

Im into a box of 100 Personna blue lab blades, but to be honest, I can get a good shave from most any blade,including the 1.00 packs at Familydollar. So I guess I must have 58 yr old leather skin, lol...

BigMark likes this.
  8. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

My go to blades are:

Voskhod
    Baili
    Ladas

Ed

9. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Top blades for me are:

Rapira PL

Gillette 7 o'clock black

Astra SP

Voskhod

10. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

My Top 3 DE Blades are:
    ASCO Stainless Steel
    Rapira Stainless Steel
    Astra Superior Stainless

11. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Other:
    Bic Chrome Platinum in Merkur 41c
    Bolzano Superinox in FaTip Piccolo
    I'm eager to try the Israeli Personna (Red or Blue) blades, based on reputation and their apparent similarities to the Bic's construction.

12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Good prices by that dude but takes FOREVER to get to the US from Israel. And (first world problem) I had to go downtown to the post office to pick up the parcel.

13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

The best for me:
    Personna Lab Blue (first 100 purchase)
    Gillette SE Yellow
    PolSilver Iridium
    Astra SP (work great in SC101, not so much in Old Type)

14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

It was a chooice between Feathers and Gillette Platinum and Silver Blues, but seeing as I like 2 type of gillettes I voted for that. Great poll, it will be interesting to see the end results.

15. Monty Craig

Monty Craig Member

I'm using a Mercur, and a Gellette razor, and so far my favorite everyday blade is an Astra SP. I tried a Feather, and loved it, but I can't find a reasonable price on them.

16. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I wanna try them all, then decide.
    labs are best so far

17. BoxAlarm-81

BoxAlarm-81 Member

I really like the Astra SP's. The only blade that I really don't care for are the sharks. There are many blades to choose from. I think the next blades I buy will be the Personna Lab Blue blades that you all speak highly of.

18. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

My top three as of today are:
    1. Ladas
    2. Voskhod
    3. Astra

I haven't yet tried a Polsilver.

Bottom three would be:
    - Derby
    - Dorco
    - Merkur

19. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I have been DE shaving since May and have tried a number of blades Merkur being the worst. I ordered some Feathers to scare myself and have discovered the for me they are the best. VERY sharp and smooth, but you better pay attention. I very rarely get anything worse than a burn, an then only if I use too much pressure. In my FB I use no pressure at all.

20. Alan H

Alan H Member

I was thinking to start a thread on blades and came across this one. I was thinking about buying some Sharks after reading about them. Only 9 bucks for 100 on Amazon. Then I read about the Viking's (above) so, I'M SO CONFUSED. But, in my surfing, came across this site where you can buy single blades to try. 15-55 cents depending on the brand and only $2 shipping no matter how many you order . Here is what they say, "All blades are sold individually so you can pick and choose as few or as many as you'd like without having a massive amount of razor blades that you'll never use again because they weren't just right for you." I have to agree with not having a cabinet full of 5/10 packs! Which I do. And, no, I don't own stock in this company. Just thought I would pass this link along, assuming I'm not the only one not to know.
    http://www.tryablade.com/blade