SoS: September 1, 2014 - September 7, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Thursday
    warm shower
    Shavemac Custom 167,2 band,d01,fan
    Somersets PSO :love055::love055: :smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    Stirling Orange Chill :love055::love055: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:,wonderful scent and lathers up great.Not as icy as the Glacial line but still pretty dang frosty :D
    Gillette Rhodium Plated Red Tip/Feather (4)
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Stirling Orange Chill WH :love055::love055::angry021::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:,not a Glacial but dang it's very very close,nice burn too :D
    Fine L'Orange Noir ASL :love055::love055: :smiley freezing:,great scent very close to Terre D'Hermes
    Terre D'Hermes edt

Great shave,managed to squeeze one mo' shave from the Feather,BBS face and dome,smell dang good too!!!

Stay frosty,my friends! :cool:

ObiDon, TSimons, Tdmsu and 22 others like this.
  2. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Thursday September 4, 2014

[​IMG]

Dovo 2Bismarck Pearl, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round point

On the road again. This time I am traveling with this Dovo 2Bismarck Pearl, not so fancy however it is doing its job. And, yes, it does not compare to a Mastro Livi razor at all but I am however glad because I took with me the lovely Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop.​
    • Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave Green
    • Soap: Proraso Shaving Soap White Tub
    • Brush: Omega Boar Brush 10275
    • Bowl: Chinese Cheap Bowl
    • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
    • Razor: Dovo 2Bismarck Pearl, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round point
    • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum After Shave

ObiDon, TSimons, Tdmsu and 22 others like this.
  3. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Dovo 55 Fritz Bracht
    Oscar11 boar brush
    Barrister & Mann Fougere Aromatique soap
    Annick Goutal Eau du Sud

IMG_3434.JPG

ObiDon, TSimons, PatrickA51 and 23 others like this.
  4. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Episode III – Revenge of the Stick​

Do you like shave sticks? I do, I like them a lot. Do I use them often? No I do not. They more or less “reserved” for travelling and vacations. And since I do not travel a lot these days, we are talking about neglecting some very good soaps here.
    I ought to be ashamed of myself..

So this morning I reached for a true classic, the shave stick from SIR Irisch Moos. A wonderful product that might even rival Camelot in latherability and class. Well maybe not class, since (and let’s face it) Camelot is not the classiest of sticks around. It is more of a well-functioning simpleton.
    Kinda like me ;)

Anyway, with the Moos, and the same setup as yesterday I had another terrific shave today.
    I am not a big fan of shaving in the morning, but I have to admit that the last two shaves has really helped waking me up and given me a good foundation for a great day.

Face Soap: Fitjar Preshave Soap
    Razor: Merkur Futur
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
    Brush: Frank Shaving
    Aftershave Lotion: Witch Hazel
    Aftershave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm

DSC_8148.JPG

TSimons, PatrickA51, Tdmsu and 20 others like this.
  5. Norseman

That's a good looking hat. I wouldn't mind having the flair to wear one of these, unfortunately my horns are in the way :)

6. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Thursday

Prep: soak brush, wash with Clear Essentials glycerin soap
    Soap: Petal Pusher Fancies "Scentsless"
    Brush: Oscar11 boar
    Razor: Feather AS-D2
    Blade: Kai
    After: Cold rinse, CeraVe lotion

Continuing with my boar brush week, excellent lather from the PPF soap and the Omega boar knot.

First use of a Kai blade in my AS-D2 razor. It is a good pairing. Pleasant, smooth, comfortable results. The Kai blades are cool: no printing, no markings on the blade at all. The blades have an attractive clean satin metal finish. And absolutely no glue!
    [​IMG]

TSimons, PatrickA51, Tdmsu and 19 others like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    September 4, 2014

Prep: Hot shower. Axe Boost Energizing Face Wash
    Razor: Schick Dial Adjustable
    Blade: Schick
    Lather: Martin de Candre
    Brush: WD SilverTip
    Aftershave: Fine American Blend.
    The Schick Dial Adjustable is a great razor, I set it on 5 and forget it.
    Go out and get it!
    image.jpg

TSimons, PatrickA51, Tdmsu and 21 others like this.
  8. Norseman

Sorry about your loss, Sir. You have my sincere condolences.

9. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

TSimons, PatrickA51, Tdmsu and 19 others like this.
  10. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Razor: 2013 Muhle Baseplate w C410i Spitfire Mk. Ia (3D printed top cap)
    Blade: Personna Med Prep (D1)
    Brush: FS Faux Horn 24mm Pur-Tech
    Bowl: Dirty Bird 1.5 Scuttle
    Pre Shave Soap: MRGLO Lime
    Pre Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
    Shave Cream: Cella Extra Extra Purissima (brick)
    Aftershave: Floid SE Mentolado Vigoroso
    This morning, got bold and tried a 3D printed top cap that claims to replicate the venerable Muhle 2011 R41. If you take a close look at the picture you will see a clear top cap with the Personna Med Prep clearly seen. Well after just one shave I can say that his puppy is just as sharp or maybe a tad more aggressive than my 2011 R41. I didn't think of taking a side by side picture of the top caps but they look identical in width and height with the naked eye. Being a 3D printed head if I run my finger from blade side to blade side you can feel ridges going lengthwise and I sure it plays a little bit into the razor being a little aggressive but the razor did not skip, tug, or leave any weepers and as I previously stated it feels as aggressive if not a little bit more so than a 2011 R41 as the top cap can flex a little. The developer is requesting feedback on the design as well as material and eventually they are looking at a metal top cop and farther down the road possibly a baseplate. For little over $21 it was worth the money spent.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    TSimons, PatrickA51, Tdmsu and 22 others like this.
  11. Richard Jackson

Richard Jackson Well-Known Member

12. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Pretty cool! Can the top cap be polished with 2000 grit sandpaper to take out the printing ridges to elieviate the drag from those lengthwise ridges? Just a thought. It looks like you used the original 2011 baseplate with the duplicated top cap; is that correct? Very interesting to see and looking forward to seeing how durable these items are. Thanks for sharing Guy! :cool:

PatrickA51, vwp528, Norseman and 2 others like this.
  13. Stroker

Great Fedora Lloyd! :cool: Suites you to a tee! :happy088: Is that the one your Sweetie bought for you? ;)

14. ram57

I used the 2013 baseplate as this was designed for those who have the 2013 but want the more aggressive shave of the 2011. This can be used with the 2011 baseplate and I'm sure I will be experimenting with that baseplate too. I plan on sanding it down later after testing as shipped for the developers feedback and I'm pretty sure I can smooth it out as I have a grit range from 1600 to 12000. Like the 2011 R41 I can tell already that I would be only able to handle 2 days in arrow without inducing irritation.

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

More aggressive than the 2011? :eek:
    Sounds like its time for a razor intervention....

You, Guy my friend, sound like the perfect candidate for my next razor....:D
    [​IMG]

16. ram57

LOL. Funny you show a scycle blade Kevin. Last year I visited my mother-in-law who lives on a farm in Southern Oregon (not too far from Bruce) and my brother in law and I were having a friendly discussion about our new hobby wet shaving and comparing the aggressiveness of our razors when my mother in law stepped outside and returned with a rusted up scycle almost identical to what you show above and told us she had plenty of these around and for us two to save our money and employ a little elbow grease to sharpen this up for a close shave!

17. Stroker

Yep, that should eliminate the drag issue of the ridges. With the smooth surface, the plastic will be even more transparent. Should be an interesting look to see the blade under the top cap. These all plastic razors could be used by the crew of the B-2 Stealth Bomber during their flights as they wouldn't show up on radar. :D

18. Stroker

SOTD Thursday 9-4-2014

6/8 C.V. Heljestrand, Full Hollow Spike Point
    Proraso PSC
    Al's SC - Boheme
    Georgetown Scuttle
    Custom 28MM Silvertip - Cherry Wood
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Gold Bond Moisturizing Lotion
    Jovan Musk ASL/Cologne

The big Swede took care of the whisker issue this morning and the Jovan is always delightful! That 28MM Silvertip is a lather hog for sure but it's a one swipe to cover brush and it whipped the Al's SC into a super dense cream this morning. Had a great one! :shaver

Shave Photo 1045SM.jpg

moz68, TSimons, PatrickA51 and 19 others like this.
  19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Irisch Moos is a great soap. I have some too. I hate that it was discontinued. Me and you were lucky to get some before they disappeared forever.

20. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Last night's shave.

Prep: hot shower, L'Oréal Face Wash.
    Brush: Turkish #6 Brush.
    Razor: Ever-Ready 1912.
    Blade: Gem Stainless.
    Soap: Cold River Soap Savon No.1.
    Post: cold water rinse, Dickinson Witch Hazel, Myrsol Emulsion.

Something keeps happening to where I tear up my throat area on the second pass. I end up with weepers and my skin is left feeling raw in that one spot. I don't know how that is because the lather is really good and I have no other problems anywhere else on my face or neck. It's a good thing I have something like Myrsol Emulsion to calm down my skin when it's irritated.