Shavers and Sidearms

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Sontag, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I'd love to get my own 9mm since we don't get much range time here; but Canadian gun laws for restricted weapons (99% of handguns) are like snowshoeing through a minefield with 1000lbs on each leg. I don't think I've actually had my Hi Power loaded and readied, since I was getting ready for overseas this spring; actually. :(

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

I just traded my CZ P-01 for a S&W 66-1. Thought I would regret it, but not one iota. I can always (for the time being, anyway) get another P-01. This baby is 37 yrs old! 2014-09-03 22.53.15.jpg

BigT, Tattoobob and PanChango like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The K frames are some of my favorite revolvers. I have had a couple 66's, 19's, and a few 3" 13's and 65's as well.

See if you can track down a model 18 for less expensive practice.

4. Raven312

Actually, I have my eye on a 2.5" barrel Model 60 at a darned good price! Have to make up my mind within the next day or two, though... This is expensive! I just bought another firearm last week, for my birthday... LOL

PanChango likes this.
  5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Yeah, just be glad they aren't shotguns. At one point I had a collection of near 40 S&W Revolvers. Then I discovered shotguns and how much fun it was to explode moving targets. Now all I have is a square butt 36 and S&W shield 9mm. Over the past decade, I have shot roughly 150k shells at skeet, trap, and sporting mostly with a little 5 stand thrown in for fun. Firearms are the quickest way to turn a big pile of money into a little one...

45auto and ObiDon like this.
  6. Raven312

Sigh... shotguns next year...

7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

What he said.

8. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

You're welcome to come here :D. You will probably need it here though :(

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Yeah, I sold a 19-3 4" a few years ago. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

10. Raven312

I plan to keep this one. It's fun to shoot. If you weren't shooting the 19-3, I don't think it's stupid that you sold it. Unless you wanted to pass it down (or you collect), you might as well get someone that you enjoy.

11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I have wanted to go to a shoting range for some time. But it's very expensive in Sweden.

We're not allowed to own guns either=P

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am a big Sig fan

Bobcat likes this.
  13. cubancigar2000

that sucks, I am President of a gun club here in Idaho and go out there shooting aften

14. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Maybe you can hook me up if I ever travel to the US =P

15. cubancigar2000

I would be honored too

16. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

The model 66 is so much better deal remember it shoots both 38sp/357mag your Cz won't. I have the blue version model 19.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Raven312 likes this.
  17. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Did you say hi power...what vintage?

18. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

AMEN BROTHER! Razors are cheaper but not nearly as fun.

19. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Maybe but since I have never shot a python at the same time as my model 19 I can't comment however I have handled a few pythons and they seemed to be a solid handgun but the price is outrageous.

20. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Sweden needs to be. Ashamed of themselves.