What's in your glass tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Here on base we only have strongbow in the cans. Works out well though not very economically priced :/

2. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

Fatheads IPA on draft ... Not the head hunter but some seasonal one ... Pretty good

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think tonight will be a glass of Makers Mark neat and a nice Cuban Cigar on the front porch

4. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

It's going to be a long day at work, so I may have to break out my limited supply of Pappy Van Winkle (20 yr) to savor one on the rocks. A 2 hour meeting just began, so I got a seat in the back. I look very attentive whilst typing this. ;)

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  5. cubancigar2000

I like pappy van winkle, good stuff

6. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Wow... I miss Spec's. I used to live in Houston and it was the best. If they didn't have it they could get it for you. Spec's is somewhere on my list of things I miss about Texas, which also includes but is not limited to my family that still lives there, beef brisket BBQ, Tex-Mex that is good and the Gulf Coast breeze.

Erik Redd likes this.
  7. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

It was worth the wait... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412732010.292390.jpg

cubancigar2000 and Erik Redd like this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Not enough...rough day at work.

Radiotube likes this.
  9. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Alas, you are correct.
    I am on a lottery list to hopefully win the chance to buy another bottle in November. It's way too much in demand. Even the empty bottles fetch a pretty penny on the Bay.

Herm2502 likes this.
  10. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I'm enjoying a new pleasure tonight, the infamous Jeppson's Malort:

[​IMG]

I'd heard the legends of how bitter it is, and I was intrigued, as I enjoy bitter things. But it's hard to find out here in the suburbs. So when I saw a bottle at a new grocery store today, I had to take it home with me.

That first sip, I was a bit apprehensive, but then the first impression on my palate was nice, dry grapefruit. And then as it went down, the bitterness came up in such a pleasant way for me. And just lingered and lingered. I can see where if you didn't like bitter, this would not be a happy thing to have lingering on your palate for so long. But apparently I am one of the "1 out of 49."

Currently I'm enjoying a shot of Malort with LaCroix Pamplemousse. And it is good.

[​IMG]

Erik Redd likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Diet orange soda!!!

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

My old college roommates get together twice a year up at a Lake Tahoe cabin (guy's weekend!), where we'll eat great meals, smoke some expensive cigars and enjoy generous servings of Pappy's…
    Decadent living, thats for sure. Twice a year isn't too excessive, is it? ;)

cubancigar2000 and Radiotube like this.
  13. cubancigar2000

Sounds like a good time. Debbie & I have been to Tahoe many times on the Harley. Beautiful place

HolyRollah likes this.
  14. cubancigar2000

Last night was Johnny Walker Black Label. The wife bought it for me a long time ago and I never tried it until now. Very smooth, lots of peat and I like smokey scotch

Erik Redd likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

It truly is! We try to time our getaway there in the 'offseason' post-summer water skiers; pre-winter skiers—where there's hardly anyone up there except the locals. Serene….

16. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

How's the hand healing, Kevin? I've been thinking about you and hope it's healing quickly.

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I took the ace-bandage off this morning use to peek at how things are healing after 8 days post-surgery. Pain has greatly diminished as has the tingling numbness in the fingers. Purple palm has faded considerably so all in all, it appears to be on the mend with no real downside. Still a bit tender to grab anything, but even the pain there is less than what it was. Another week before I see the doc.
    Thanks for asking….:)

No wrist watches for a while yet….. :sick007::sick007::sick007: warning…photo not for the squeamish! :shocked002:;)
    [​IMG]

JPJ, BigMark and Radiotube like this.
  18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Im glad to hear its on the mend. No wrist watched and no hand lathers =P

19. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Kevin, you're a lefty anyway, aren't you? Wouldn't you wear a wristwatch on your right hand?

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Yes, you're absolutely right…err…..correct! I do wear my watch on my right wrist about 70% of the time, but occasionally I'll switch it have it on my left. I have several older watches that are a real bear to adjust when they reside on my right wrist. I have to perform some contortions to reach over the watch face to adjust—so with some, they go on the left.

cubancigar2000 likes this.