am I nuts?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Hersh, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Ok it sounds strange to me too but does anyone else hide razors from spouse? Here's what I've been doing. She knows I have two razors a superspeed and a merkur 23c. When I make a new razor purchase I have to buy ones that look like those. My "new" problem is I want to try a new and cant because they are generally brass. So am I crazy or what?

KnockOut Shave likes this.
  2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Why hide'em in the first place?

It's your money, your call. She should just mind her own business. It's not like you're fretting when she's buying new shoes for her own overtime at work. I assume :)

KnockOut Shave likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

communication is a beautiful thing

4. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

Yep, nuts:scared011:

5. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Lol we communicate. She is just very critical about shaving products

6. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Wow thanks for the support lol

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

she is your wife, your help mate, she has your best interest at heart.
    for some reason she feels like you should not be making these purchases. she wants you to be happy, or should. if something as small as a razor makes you happy, why wouldn't she be for it. unless she sees other issues, none of my business, that alarms her.
    trust her, communicate your desires.
    not good advice to hide things from her, ever.
    she's your partner

8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

My wife shakes her head and smiles whenever a new piece of gear shows up. I am crazy and she knows it. She has her quirks as well. That being said, hiding a behavior indicates a degree of wrongdoing on your part. Be loud Be Proud

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  9. Sgt.Beardface

Sgt.Beardface Member

I hide everything from my wife!! Razors, cream, guns, bows, girlfriends, my second family.......

-Chuck

10. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Coward...

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I really don't think you should be hiding things like this. If this is within your budget, and she has her own indulgences, then I agree that you are entitled to yours. But if this is straining the budget, you really need to rethink it & discuss this with her.

12. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

+1
    I didn't hide mine, but the RAD & SAD hit me hard. I've stopped buying now and use what I have. I am awaiting the RR Stealth and Stirling releases.

Shotwell and BigMark like this.
  13. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

If you feel it is an issue perhaps you need to calm down. I realized I have bought a ton stuff and have slowed down myself. Talking to her would be a good idea.

wristwatchb likes this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

:signs011:
    Having been guilty of hiding things from my spouse (and she from me) in our past, let me tell you that this form of falsehood is just as disingenuous as telling lies. It's merely the passive/aggressive version of lying face-to-face. This isn't something I recommend between spouses if one wishes to maintain healthy open communication. This type of behavior soon becomes habit, and begins to carry over into other areas of the relationship. I have seen it before with many couples.

wristwatchb, Bama Samurai and Sara-s like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

So, to sum up, we really don't think you are crazy, but a number of us think that your actions are ill-advised.

16. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I agree with David and Kevin. Don't hide things. The easiest solution is to make sure you each have some discretionary budget every month to use however you want.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Some people just don't understand about shaving! :happy102: As far as hiding your purchases all I can say is you should "do want you want in life" That said, like I tell my kid, you know what's right and what's wrong, so when the hammer comes down and you get caught, just take your butt whipping like a man and don't cry about i:happy088:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Here's what I do. Now it works for ME. When I bought MdC I made sure I bought her a little something that I knew she'd like.
    Also, my wife is involed in this little hobby, she kinda knows which is which. So when our Anniversary was near she knew what razor to get me. Be open, don't hide anything. Budget for your gear. In the end. Be honest with your wife, tell her you'd like a New.

ps
    Do you know her shoe size? What hand bag she wants? ;)

19. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

When did men stop wearing the pants?

20. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

4367BC

Shotwell and BigMark like this.