Lord L6 safety razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fmckinney53, Oct 9, 2014.

1. fmckinney53

fmckinney53 New Member

Hi All,

Anyone out there own this razor?? How does it shave,how aggressive/mild,quality? is it worth buying.

Frank M

2. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

I think it's totally worth buying since it's so cheap. It's very light and won't win any finishing quality or beauty awards but it's solid and gives me a great shave. I would say it's mild but that's not based on anything much. I did buy a Parker 26c as an "upgrade" but ended up liking the L6 head much more so currently I'm using the L6 head with the Parker handle. The handle of the L6, although textured, is basically smooth and doesn't offer much grip if you have wet and slippery hands. I would recommend it highly though, especially as it's so cheap relative to other razors out there.

3. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

The Lord L6 is one of the (semi) secret gems of the shaving world! It remains one of my 2 daily shavers to this day, and I own over 50 razors. The head is best paired with a quality handle at some point. It is moderately mild - roughly equivalent to the classic Merkur head, which it copies, but more aggressive than the Edwin Jagger. For my face it stands right beside the Standard Razor, which is my other daily driver. I paired mine to the handle off my Edwin Jagger, which dressed it up nicely! ( the EJ was just too mild for my beard).

The L6 is a great low cost razor that simply performs. Don't be afraid to pull the trigger on it.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Great starter razor that for many continues to be the go to razor. Go for it. Inexpensive and solid in terms of performance.

5. fmckinney53

fmckinney53 New Member

Thank you sir. Your opinion means a lot and having 50 razors WOW! and you use the Lord L6..must be good...Thank you!

6. fmckinney53

fmckinney53 New Member

Thank you. All great reviews..Frank

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Nice post Frank. I've never used a Lord L6. My daily drivers are a Weber DLC w/BullDog handle and a Cadet OC with a griestshaving "Fat brass handle". I'm really glad the Lords are so inexpensive since your post has managed to stir up my RAD again..:) Can't wait to try the L6 shave head on one of my heavy handles.

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    It's a good shaver, but I found it too light for my liking. It has a nice long handle, but again it is very light. The threads on the head are pretty short, too. At least they were on mine. I piffed mine last year.

9. mld202

mld202 Member

I had a quality issue with the first one I ordered. When it arrived the head had an issue with the chrome? plating. Luckily for me the vendor I bought it from sent me another one and some blades to make up for it. I would definitely do it all over again. I would strongly recommend it as a first de razor

10. rxd

rxd New Member

Really good razor. Kind of light and not the prettiest but shaves great.

11. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Gary picked the Lord razor as part of his limbo entry. Other low-cost, good shave setups >here<.

Welcome... and best of luck!