Do you primarily use one cream or rotate different brands & scents?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Jostalli, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

We're happy to enable help. If you have some notion of which scents you like - or which ones you don't like or otherwise can't wear - it may save you from a couple of side passages down the rabbit hole.

Bristle Me likes this.
  2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I'm a heavy rotator.

Bristle Me likes this.
  3. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer - this is all brand new so I am open to the whole world. - I do get my TOBS Sandalwood today so that is where I will start.

Bristle Me and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've managed to collect about a dozen or so soaps, croaps and creams since I began "traditional" shaving and have tried them all, in my quest for shaving nirvana...:) I found myself seeking performance over scent, that said, since trying Arko, the others mostly just sit alone and unused.:)

I like soaps mainly because I'm cheap and I feel I can get the most product for my buck and I feel there is less waste with a soap.. You tend to use "ALL" of a soap, because you can use it as a hand/bath soap if it doesn't work for shaving. There's always a tiny bit of cream left over in the tube when you get rid of it.:(

5. SmoothNonCriminal

SmoothNonCriminal New Member

I rotate almost every shave. Today, I used Old Spice Lather Shaving Cream (Shulton) (musk scent). Yesterday, I think I used Maca Root Shave cream from the Body Shop. I also have a Jack Black Supreme Cream (I think that's what it's called), Nivea Shave Cream for sensitive skin, and C.O. Bigelow. I like variety because it is the spice of life, so they say.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Dr John

Dr John Member

I've lost count. I just use different creams or soaps in a random format....

Bristle Me likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I use something different each time I shave. No particular order or rotation. Just whatever I feel like at the time. I mainly use creams and croaps but have a couple soaps in there too.

Bristle Me and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I normally rotate between five different creams but every once and a while I'll use one of three puck soaps. The is no plan. I just grab one and go.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

You'll see guys that stick to just one or two and then you'll notice that more than a few of us have serious addictions.
    I took a count to answer a similar question on soaps and I've got almost 20 creams and 30+ soaps plus several assorted samples.
    It's all good.

10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I rotate from time to time, but on a daily basis I tend to stick to one only.

At the time it's RazoRock One X.

I just like a good cream/soap, I'm not that interested in the daily rotational stuff.

11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I don't have a particular rotation. I just use whatever pop up in my head at the moment

Slow Joe and theFAT98 like this.
  12. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Same here. I just go with what sounds good.

Wish I could use them all at one time.

13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hahaha that would be interesting =P

theFAT98 likes this.
  14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

My two biggest problems with shaving is knowing what razor to use and what soap. I will get everything ready before my shower, then more often than not I get out of the shower and pick a different soap.

theFAT98 and Omelmad like this.
  15. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

I have 7 different creams I rotate. No order just what I'm feeling that day. Sometimes I use one for five or so days and then go to another. Enjoy you shave.

16. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity New Member

I only have 3-4 and I attempt to use one up before moving on. So, regular rotation no, irregular rotation yes.

17. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I usually use trufitt and hill no 10 shave cream on a daily basis, but occasionally cella, mitchells wool fat, palmolive, proraso, maca root shave cream, would really love to try martin de candre, and antica de barberiera