SoS: November 3, 2014 - November 9, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Tabacstag
    Another excellent Tabac shave. Der Vorschlaghammer had no trouble smoothly guillotining my stubble in comfort. London Barbershop makes my skin feel great without any shocking cold or alcohol burn.
    [​IMG]

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    Kent silvertex
    Coates lime
    Merkur 39c
    persona lab(4)
    ICED Florida Water
    today's shave was very nice. I'm beginning to get the touch with the synthetic brushes. hard to miss with Coates. lime to hang on to summer as long as possible. the hammer is as efficient as ever. three passes for a super smooth mug. finished with iced Florida water.
    Hope y'all do as well, or better. 20141106_065834.jpg

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Dorco day 3
    Iced Subzero SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barbon AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Pino Silvestre EdT

JoAnna's ISZ soap will always have a special place in my heart because it's so good - its lather is such a pleasure to work with and it gives such a great cooling sensation with perfect skincare. The Gold Bond moisturizer is something I really enjoy because it's not only well-mentholated, it's also so soothing. The Barbon aftershave smells nice, freezes my face off, and feels so good after the initial sting. These Dorco blades are NOT among my favourites although they're not the worst I ever used either. Today's shave was to my satisfaction. ;) :D

4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Crown & Sword
    Shannon's Shaving Soap
    homemade boar-Semogue 2000 knot
    First time out with Shannon's Shaving Soap. I really liked the scent and by the looks of things (or feel) another first rate artisan soap maker. Nice shave this morning. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome back. Hopefully your hands will settle down and you will be more steady.

GDCarrington, vwp528, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  6. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Prep: Warm shower, Cetaphil Lotion
    Razor: Merkur 34c
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
    Lather: TOBS Jermyn Street
    Brush: Oscar11 w/ Omega 20248 Knot
    Cologne: Paul Sebastian

I switched from injectors back to a DE this morning and it proved to be a good decision. Not that there was anything wrong with the injector shaves. My Schick injectors give excellent shaves every time. However, there is something about using a DE that just feels good. I finished with another near perfect shave. It's my last day of the workweek. I'm ready for the weekend.

Have a great day!

7. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD Nov 6

Prep: hot shower
    Razor: WW2 Tech
    Blade: Treet Platinum (day 4)
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Proraso Green
    Passes: 2 (WTG, XTG)

Gear wise today was a repeat of yesterday's shave. Unfortunately it was not as enjoyable. It's too easy to blame the tools, so I'll just leave it at that...

8. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Pulling a few items from the Nationwide Box Tour III box...
    Prep: Hot shower with Speick bath soap
    Razor: 1976 Gillette TTO
    Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium
    Pre-shave: TSD Preshave Balm
    Brush: L’Occitane Synthetic
    Soap: Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera
    Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (The Veg)

The Stainless Steel TTO worked well. It's lighter than my Superspeed though... but I like it. I may keep it and put it in a gift basket for my son's 29th birthday this month.
    I like the TSD Preshave Balm and how the menthol felt on my face. I wasn't sure about the instructions though. It said to leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with soap. Shouldn't I leave it on and add shaving soap/cream on top and then if there's any residue left after the shave wash it off? It is hard to wash off even with soap before shaving. It's pretty thick and persistent.
    I like the Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera soap. It made for a thicker than what I'm used to lather. It may be a keeper. I'll try their shaving cream in a tube tomorrow and decide which one to keep and which one to pass along. (I'll be adding my own almost full tube of Cremo to the box, btw).
    The Pol Silver Super Iridium blades weren't too bad. Not nearly as sharp as Feather, but I was able to quickly get to that BBS finish I love. I think I like these blades and may put them in my rotation.
    The Veg.... What can I say about the Veg? Well... it's true what they say about the cat-pee-right-out-of-the-bottle smell. I thought instead of waiting for the weekend to try it out, I'd try it out on during the work week to see if any of them notice the smell. It was supposed to change smell upon "dry down" to a pleasant aroma. Well, I'm still waiting. I can still smell the original shocking nose hair burning stench that it had when it came out of the bottle. (It's still persists on my hands too, even after washing). What have I done!?! :scared011: More on that later... after my co-workers come in and give their opinion (if they notice).

This has been so fun trying different things from the Nationwide Box Tour. I hope to have some great additions to the box when I have it ready to mail (probably on Monday).

2014-11-06-SoD.jpg

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Thursday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Tuscany Bath Soap
    Soap: RazoRock Classic
    Razor: Gillette Slim [6]
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
    Brush: Plisson #12 Grey Badger-22mmx56mm
    Aftershave: Fine American Blend

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

RR Classic today. Quick, easy lather. New Rapira Platinum Lux in the Slim. Great smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Fine American Blend.

Bob

[​IMG]

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    November 6, 2014

Prep: Hot shower. Axe Shield Face Wash
    Razor: iKon SC102 Slant Head/iKon Handle
    Blade: Ladas
    Lather: PannaCrema Vetiver
    Brush: hjm Badger
    Aftershave: Fine Clean Vetiver. Axe Shield Sensitive
    Excellent shave! This soap is the goods!
    Go out and get it!

11. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Sir Hare Bald Head Care Shaving Oil – Beach Bum
    Brush: Custom Boar by Steve Brown Swirl Handle
    Soap: Derby Shaving Cream – Lemon
    Razor: ’64 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
    Blade: Sputnik
    Splash: Thayers Natural Remedies Lemon Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Astringent

Great Thursday morning! My morning walk was kind of eventful as downtown was uncharacteristically busy this morning for some reason....

That Shave Life!:happy108:

12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Stirling Cool SS
    FS/WD boar brush
    Schick J1 razor
    Personna blade
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel/Sage mix
    Pino Silvestre EDT

Look good (according to wifey), feel good (according to me) and smell great (according to grandkids). Gonna be a good day

13. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Thursday
    hot shower
    Savile Row 3824
    3P PPB
    TSD Eqyptian Spice Lanolin Stick :love055::love055:
    Rhodium Plated Red Tip/Crown Super Stainless (1)---I found this blade in a old sample pack and said what the heck,I'm glad I tried it.I had a very smooth BBS shave,face and dome.Not sure how long the blade will last but if I get 3 days I'm happy :D
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Tend Skin
    TSD Peppermint ASM :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:---This was another surprise,no added menthol and still pretty frosty,not Glacial but still a nice dose of cool plus great skincare :D
    Agar Aura Java (Attar)

Stay frosty,my friends! :cool:

14. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

iKon Shavecraft 102
    Personna Med. Prep.
    Simpson M6
    CRSW - Fall LE
    Fine - Platinum

Masque - Montecristo

15. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Thursday 11/06/14

Prep: glycerin soap
    Brush: 20mm Whipped dog set deep
    Scuttle: Georgetown Pottery
    Razor: Gem Damaskeen
    Blade: GEM STAINLESS PTFE
    Lather: MDC with a touch of Stirling Glacial Obsidian
    Witch Hazel: Generic unscented

I pulled out the damaskeen razor, put in a new teflon blade and had a wonderful 3 pass shave. Adding just a touch of Glacial Obsidian really livens up the shave.

16. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

6 November 2014

* Weber DLC + UFO U2V1 Red Bronze
    * Super Iridium
    * Romera Rustic/Briar Manchurian
    * Cold River Select Vetiver
    * Unrefined Shea Butter

[​IMG]

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

S.O.T.D. ~ Thursday, November 6, 2014

Prep: Warm/Cool Shower, Stirling Pumpkin Spice Bath Soap, Neutrogena Face Wash
    Razor: Mergress LH
    Blade: Polsilver SI
    Brush: Omega Pro Boar 10098
    Lather: Barrister and Mann - Cheshire
    Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Kyovu - Cheshire
    Cologne: T.O.B.S. Collection No. 74

One pass DFS this morning. It's not as much fun when your pressed for time. Hard to believe I did it this way for 40+ years. Have a good shave day.:happy005:

18. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

Thursday 6th November

[​IMG]

Warm shower
    Hot towel
    CRSW Select Fall LE scuttle lathered
    Finest Badger brush made by myself
    Gillette Old Type (Made in Canada 1920's)
    Astra SP (2)
    Cold rinse
    Thayers Lavender witch hazel
    Myrsol Antesol aftershave

19. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

I was put off by the smell of the Veg :eek: It's still to meet my face, not one I can say that I like at all, a full bottle sits in my stock :signs131:

20. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Thiers-Issard Dandy
    Shavemac D01
    Speick shave stick
    Myrsol Plastic Shave

IMG_0121.JPG

dscaver, ObiDon, TSimons and 21 others like this.