How to bulk-up?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, Nov 16, 2014.

1. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I want to gain some weight (preferably muscle mass). I don't have time for fitness, I just want to bulk-up a little. I have a 15 kg dumbell at home. Can you recommend me some exercises for it, as well as what food to eat? Thank you.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Eat more than you burn and you will gain weight.

If you want to gain muscle mass outside of having a physical labor job, you will need to make time or you will just get fat.

Pushups, situps, and some exercises with the dumbell will be a good start. It doesn't take much time and can be done in 10-15 mins a day.

3. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

My current job involves moving and carrying stuff around, so I hope this keeps me from getting fat. As for the exercises, thank you for your advice. I will start doing some.

4. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Number 1 most bang per buck exercise is squats. The most effective way of getting bigger is GOMAD-gallon of milk a day. Google it for more info. You're going to HAVE to get some lactose pills. Even though you may not be lactose intolerant.

richgem, CyanideMetal and PanChango like this.
  5. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Jose Canseco milkshakes?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Squats are good, but if you want bang for your buck, dead lifts are your choice...

7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Sound like your job is keeping you slimmed down.
    +1 on the squats. Squats work nearly every muscle group in the body. I do around 100 squats a day and lots of lunges and 1 legged exercise for stability, etc. Still, if you want to build muscle mass, weight lifting is the way to go. High weight with low reps builds in strength, while lower weight and higher reps build in more muscle definition.

Do research on the web. You don't need a gym to get what you want. Push ups, squats and core work will help you gain weight, plus you have to up your caloric intake.

8. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

read the book "Burn the fat, feed the muscle" by Tom Venuto.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Eat lots of lean red meat, drink nonfat milk, and also eat fresh fruits and vegetables, minimize starches, fats and refined sugar. Drink plenty of water, too. Also avoid dietary supplements except for multivitamins, and absolutely no steroids, testosterone, etc. The idea is to maximize protein intake and minimize fats, sugar, processed food and other unhealthy stuff.

Pay particular attention to form when working out. It helps isolate the muscles being exercised and minimizes the chance of injury.

Cardiovascular endurance and muscle mass are not mutually exclusive. I used to run 5 miles each day as a warmup before working out. All it takes is a pair of sneakers.

The above worked very well for me. Maybe it would work for you, too?

10. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I would say you gotta just eat more =P come to Sweden and live with me and copy what I eat for 1 month hahaha. I keep gaining weight I notice =P