Found my Razor/Razor blade combo

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by VonDutch68, Nov 25, 2014.

1. VonDutch68

VonDutch68 Member

I tried a Feather blade in my Merkur 1904/1906 tonight. It was probably the best shave I've ever had. I have never tried Feathers before, I bought a sample pack and there was a 5 pack of them included. At first I thought I forgot to put the blade into the razor, it was incredibly smooth. I had no irritation at all and was a very close shave. It is pretty sweet when you find that magic combination, it is such an individual thing.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good for you. I will be trying Feathers for the first time in December.

VonDutch68 likes this.
  3. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Congratulations! :happy088:

VonDutch68 likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent. Now it may be time for you to try the 30 Day Rule.

Bama Samurai, VonDutch68 and VedderLG like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice! I think it's important to find the right setup that works for you early on, it not only will help build technique but will help keep you from over spending. That comes from my experience. ;)

6. snatale42

snatale42 New Member

Feathers were my first blade when I started, still always have them on hand.

7. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

After literally years of trying different combinations in DE's I came across the Weber. Four Webers later I have settled on the Polished Head as my Holy Grail razor. Blades went through a similar filter and what came out the bottom were the Personna Reds & Blue Med Preps. It's deadly consistent, smooth, close and comfortable shave. So much so that it took all the fun and challenge out of shaving... so I all but gave up DE's and took up straights. I now use DE's once or twice a month, if that much.