What type of facial hair - if any - do you have?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Nov 29, 2014.

?

What type of facial hair - if any - do you have?

1. Clean Shaven

20 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Moustache

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Goatee

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. Full Beard

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Chinstrap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Soul Patch

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Mutton Chops

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Purely out of curiosity. Guess I never thought of if you all, the ones that doesn't have a recent avatar/pic, have a beard, goatee, etc :)

Me: Scruffy on the weekend, clean shaven apart from that. Shave about every other day.

I know that's in the end of movember so you may be growing a stache for that reason but please answer as to how you normally keep your facial hair these days :)

Here's a chart for those that want to call out what they most resemble :)
    [​IMG]

Tdmsu likes this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I currently have a Movember 'stache that matches my soul patch (both grey). But now that I see the 'French Fork' in your 'Facial Hair types' chart, i may consider expanding…..:D

Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think having a soul patch is very apt for you :)

HolyRollah likes this.
  4. J.F. Martin

J.F. Martin Active Member

Circle beard atm

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I normally sport a Van Dyke.
    This winter I decided on the resurgence of the Short Boxed Beard. Although the shaving real estate is greatly diminished, the effort in keeping a beard neat and groomed is very labor intensive and leads to beard balm, beard oil, and beard trimmer acquisition disorders.

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Tony, my 'expanded' facial hair has allowed me the opportunity to sharpen (hone?) my SR 'trimming skills.' Learning to carefully wield a 3" blade with a very keen edge and often a square point around my nose, upper & lower lip edges is certainly a skill that takes practice. Fortunately, so far I've only yielded minor amounts of blood in the learning process. :shocked002:

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Indeed. I neglected to mention the potential tribulations of developing precision 'trimming skills'.

8. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Sort of a cross between the goatee & klingon on your chart. Basically just a wide goatee, maybe halfway up the jawline between chin and ear, but with whiskers around the mouth left long and sort of arching in above the lip. Sort of like shaving the center third or so of your tache off. Hehehe, it's a lot simpler to shave it than it is to describe it. It's long too, about 9 inches now and tapering at the sides. Side tache whiskers are just couple inches or so, but no wax or handlebars, just natural.

Everything's got a nice frosted thing going as well with the increasing grey. Love it! [​IMG]

Darkbulb likes this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I've always been clean shaven. Since I started shaving daily, I have only missed a single day.

Mr. Droid and Darkbulb like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'll answer on my husband's behalf- he is clean-shaven, including his handsome shiny head.

youngunn likes this.
  11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

clean shaven as well.

12. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Handlebar.

Troy M likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A longer copstache/trimmed down Zappa, minus the patch. Wife slightly dislikes it but the girls voted that I keep it. Wife can override them but it'll require negotiations.

Jostalli and CyanideMetal like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

A very trimmed goatee, I do go cleaned shaven in the summer.

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I ditched a full beard for clean shaven in 2014. Years of beard.

17. adam24201

adam24201 Member

My friend from work called mine a goat beard lol

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I've had a moustache since I'm 17. Madame wants me to shave it off, but I really don't want to. Maybe I will in 20 years from now. :)

19. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I have a Van Dyke, but since it wasn't one of the choices offered I can't vote.

20. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Beards are making a slight comeback. I like a rebel.