Clubman Lilac Vegetal

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by southernscribbler, May 1, 2011.

1. adam24201

adam24201 Member

I'd like to try it

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

If you hated it so much, why did you give it to a friend? Don't you have any enemies? :)

I actually like the stuff, not for everyday use but as a chnge of pace from the routine.

crackstar and dscaver like this.
  3. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Not to hijack this thread, but I would like to hear your impression of the Pinaud Special Reserve.

BTW I am a fan of the Veg.
    Dave

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Love it....Special Reserve is maybe the most authentic Leather scent I know....I believe it wastes, Dana English Leather aswell as Creed English Leather....and it cost the same as Clubman AS and the Creed cost maybe 75 x's more...
    The SR also has a powdery vibe that I like and after it runs out of speed several hours later it turns into a light vanilla powder scent...
    When you first splash, it's a little heavy, but nice, definitely masculine scent, which quickly turns to straight up leather...and I mean Real leather like you put on a quality leather coat...

Now tell me how the Veg goes on and developes for you....

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

It was YOUR Christmas List that went ahead and pushed me over the edge and got me to finally order it.....ha,haa..
    My wife is crazy for Lilacs...We used to have a house on the Mediterranian in Southside Turkey. There was the Med on one side and a wall covered with Lilacs in back...We loved that smell, everyone who visited loved that smell....I'm hopeing the Veg might capture a little of that....Course there were no cats involved with those lilacs....lol!
    I've been laughing and instigating on threads about the Veg for years....Time to actually take a stand....

This is not my creation but I think its killin....covers the whole Veg story...Hungarian Calvery, Vegetation, Lilacs, the After Shave of choice in Americas Old West, Even John Wayne's Signature Scent.....and then the....well I don't want to spoil....So Check this out:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Bama Samurai, HolyRollah and dscaver like this.
  6. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I bought it just to get to know the scent...uurrggghhhh...Sold it very fast!!! What a "scent" this is...don't know...some people compared the scent with cat-urine...:D

I wouldn't buy this again.

HolyRollah likes this.
  7. Bird Lives

I don't get it.....This YMMV thing sometimes is amazing....I cannot for the life of me find anything remotely reminiscent of cat box in this heavenly necter...

All I get is A Lilac Powder Bomb.....even when I go against advice and smell the bottle....It last like a longevity monster...If I splash before bed its still there when I get up 8 hours later....Maybe thats it....after many hours it might get a little stale....But nothing a resplash wouldn't take care of....lol!

This is definitely for those who like powdery scents...If you don't dig powder keep moving...But my first impressions of this are very good...It is strong, maybe some will find it over powering....I'm going to use it more and see how familiarity affect my relationship with the "Veg"... But so far I just don't understand how this frag can be so polarizing....

In all fairness to all concerned....I'll reserve my final judgement til I've lived with it a few days and also. My wife has a bad cold and cannot offer her opinion...So I really cannot complete any scent review until comparing my notes with hers....The SWMBO factor should rule in things concerning scent and general appearence.....ha,ha....We really cannot over emphasize this!! I mean, if it wasn't for centries of our relationships with the fairer sex and our desire to attract those beauties we fall in love with....man would probably be using for his cologne that which "Spot" and "Fido" are so fond of rolling on or in.....:shocked003:...:happy097::happy102:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  8. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

hey, my dog likes treats out of the cat box too
    to each his own

Jostalli, Bama Samurai and Bristle Me like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Got me......I see the last couple sentences of my pre-review above left alot to interpretation....ha,ha.....So I've tried to change it to make sense but to no avail.....

Suffice it to say.....I'm a little with Freud....If it wasn't for man's desire to attract his mate....Man would probably have never discovered fire or the wheel....His greatest discoveries in all probablilty would not have gone any futher than "Football and Beer"....therefore....I believe getting my lovely wife's opinion on a fitting cologne is in the best interest of all concern......

Whew.....Tad.....You're a tough audience.....ha,ha!

10. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Me either.

My wife Ugly.jpg just loves it! The Veg_70pct.jpg

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Literal belly laugh...

12. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

@Bird Lives
    The Veg is strictly an aftershave splash for me. Goes on strong and mellows out to a very nice floral scent in just a few minutes. If you ask someone to smell you two minutes after putting it on, you are probably going to get your feelings hurt. I splashed it on today and then had to go to the store to get some contact solution. The lady at the store complimented me on my scent. I did not tell her what it was.