$2.72 A Gallon!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by poppi, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

1,9$ per liter..........

2. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

$2.189/gal for regular gasoline in Aiken, South Carolina.

3. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

If you look at the ag commodities they are also down big time. If the stock market and real estate follows, it's very likely we are having deflation.

I remember 20.9/gal gas and they'd give you free dishes, and gas wars where the price was 10.9 and the majority of the price was state and fed tax.

Radiotube likes this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    @hoglahoo :chores016: Hey stranger!

5. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

I recall buying gas in Glen Burnie, MD for 9¢ in 1963 in a Gas War. While I was in college (also in the Sixties), I always planned to have as little gas as possible as I got near Chrisman, IL coming or going home/school. Gas was always cheap there, and generally less than 15¢ while it was ~ 32¢ most other places.

Gas in Baton Rouge is around $2.359 most places for regular today, 12/9/14.

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  6. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Hello fellow!

7. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

3.17 is the cheapest I saw today.
    I'm still confident I'll never see .98 a gallon again.
    The news was saying that OPEC is flooding the market with oil to run smaller oil companies out of business. Our benefit is ultimately their gain as they continue to corner the market.

Luziana_Geezer likes this.
  8. Luziana_Geezer

You are correct. It will take an effort to reeducate the politicos and tree-huggers to understand that in order for oil prices to become rock solid stable that the USA needs to accelerate domestic production as much as possible/feasible.

9. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

When west Texas crude was $90 per barrel, we were paying $1.25 per liter CAD. ($4.75 per US gallon) now that Crude is under $70, we are paying around $.90 per liter. And I live right next to the first major oil discovery in Alberta (Leduc #1)

10. MaxP

MaxP Member

Today in Iowa, $2.34 a gallon!

11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I syphon.

wristwatchb and Bristle Me like this.
  12. Hairy Alaskan

I just gassed up today at Costco for 3.10 a gallon. Cheapest I've paid in years.
    Thank you you terrorist loving OPEC folks.

13. Luziana_Geezer

Our local TV news here in Baton Rouge ran a story this morning to tell viewers that as prices for crude continue to drop, Louisiana's economy will suffer even more, by a loss in state tax revenues and industry jobs.

14. Hairy Alaskan

It's crazy to think that sub 3.00 dollars a gallon is a great price when for decades we paid less than 2.00 or even 1.00 dollars a gallon. There is so much going on in the background to brainwash us that it is sickening.

15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Gas has decreases in price here too! First time it has been this low for years! 1.5$/liter

16. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I used to, but it always gave me gas....

17. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I worked at my father gas station from 1949 until the late 50's ( in Indiana) I remember pumping gas for 12.9 cents and still checked the tires, oil, brake fluid, w/s fluid, trans fluid and washing every window including mirrors. That was during the gas wars so it was 12.9 one day and 13.9 the next.

Bristle Me and Luziana_Geezer like this.
  19. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

$1.95/gal

20. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

$2.20 here in Idaho today