What did Santa bring you?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by LeftyShaver, Dec 25, 2014.

1. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Very nice, Santa was good to you. Really want to try Stirling soaps, especially Sharp Dressed Man & Barbershop.

2. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

However, I have so many creams & soaps I'll need to wait and use a few up.

3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I almost forgot about my other shaving gift. My brother in law got me a groupon for a couple of straight razor shaves in a high end barber shop in Scottsdale. I think I'll take my brother so we can get some head shaves.

Troy M, Sara-s and fimpster like this.
  4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I would love reviews of the taconic soaps! =D

5. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Love that Seaforth mug.

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

Coal

Attached Files:

jakie55 and Bristle Me like this.
  7. Veg

Veg Well-Known Member

My shave den did well for Christmas. My wife gave me a razorock mission razor. I really appreciate her indulging my little shaving habit. She has no interest in shaving gear but she likes to see me enjoying it. My stepson and daughter in law gave me an art of shaving starter kit (sandalwood). It was very thoughtful of them. I have shown them my favorite razor and my stepson has seen all the aftershave in my bathroom but it is not something we discuss so I thought it was cool they went out of their way to go to the art of shaving store to get something I would truly enjoy.

8. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den. - I was given the Merkur 34C and Plisson Synthetic Brush. Tried them bot this morning. I am going to love them both. - Since moving to wet shaving it was probably my best shave yet.

[​IMG]

jakie55, theFAT98 and GDCarrington like this.
  9. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I didn't get anything shaving related for Christmas.

Instead, I got to give my 29 year old son a DE Starter Kit that I had lovingly put together over the last few months. He was thrilled, so that made for a wonderful Christmas. His fiance is just as thrilled about it.

On our first shave together, I think he went one pass too many on the neck... but he made the decision to chase the BBS. He had some aftershave balm to help sooth his neck, however, and he learned something. I hope he starts looking forward to shaving as much as I do now. I also hope he decides to join our little forum and find out how wonderful all of you are.

Merry Christmas!

TrentRTR, MoAllen, jakie55 and 3 others like this.
  10. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

11. gwsmallwood

Used the Bay Rum on Christmas Eve. Lather was pretty typical for the glycerine based soaps I've used. Pretty slick but just a little light on cushion. The smell seems very cidery to me. Not bad, but I prefer my other bay rum scents (conk and Beer Soap co.).

12. adam24201

adam24201 Member

My mom got me some lucky tiger as and my wife and kids got me some co Bigalow shave cream and body wash and cologne and a pack of personna blades and a shave factory de razor and some captains choice aftershave sample I'm in heaven :) merry Christmas

jakie55 and Bristle Me like this.
  13. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Nothing Shave Related - I think they all know better by now, after I said the next person that buys me "Bigalow" will die a horrible death LOL

I got this,, http://www.amazon.com/dp/8499004768/?tag=thshde-20

She got me the one with the Camera, and the extra Battery I am looking forward to seeing what the deep dark recesses of the property look like hehehe

Maybe by Summer I will feel confident enough to fly it off the boat. Now that would be really cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBxGbwBlkIw

And I got this, which I didn't "Need" but damn it is nice and organized

Amazon.com : Outers 25 - Piece Universal Wood Gun Cleaning Tool Chest (.22 Caliber and up) : Gun Cleaning Kits : Sports & Outdoors

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    45auto and jakie55 like this.
  14. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

I received a Genco De Roma straight (my first straight) and a strop from my in-laws. From my beautiful wife I received a tub of Sandalwood cream from the Art of Shaving, as well as some pre-shave oil and post-shave balm. Merry Christmas to all!

15. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

One lump or two?

Lump of coal.jpg :(

Derhey and gssixgun like this.
  16. Omelmad

That sounds ok. I still Sanna try it =P maybe with some less water there will be more cushion

17. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Santa brought 200 Astra SP, a Tabac refill puck and a bottle of Osage Rub. Woo hoo!!!

18. gwsmallwood

I'll just add a touch of cream to it next time. That's what I do with most of my soaps now.

Omelmad likes this.
  19. Omelmad

That sounds good.

I sometimes add some unscented soap to a lather that need a little push. I need to find a GOOD unscented cream for that purpose

20. gillette24

gillette24 Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    A shave mug and soap from Pompeii Street Soap Company from my wife. Pompeii Street is from a small town my wife's family is from. Merry Christmas!

Bristle Me, Jostalli, Derhey and 3 others like this.