The Haul: January 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Yes indeed. I prefer the tallow formula, and just by smelling these I lucked out. The scent strength is very good. The grand cru reminds me of grape soda...lol.

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

[​IMG]

The bars of soap are for my sister. But I'm stoked for the menthol madness that's about to come!

3. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

How do you like the PPF coconut soap?

4. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

DSCN0126[1] (1024x768).jpg

The new (old) Lilac Vegetal came in the mail today, so naturally had to use it after my shave today. There is no comparison between the vintage and the new Veg, straight out of the bottle you can tell the difference. After a dry down of only a couple of minutes, the vintage has a nice floral scent. Ran next door to the next door neighbor and she prefers the vintage over the current Veg. Although she thinks I am nuts for running around in +5 degree weather to do product testing.

My question to the general membership here at TSD; how can I keep the label from being destroyed by wet hands and other hazards?

I need to get to the library to get the opinions from the cute little Library Ladies, they are much harder crowd to please.

Dave

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Darn, I knew I should have bought it ;)

Have you tried this version? I think the library ladies might like the 'tan-veg-smelling' combo

[​IMG]

6. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Well, if it is any consolation, this has been a desire of mine to obtain this for a very long time. It probably will be my best purchase of the year.

Dave

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm happy it went to a good home :)

RaZorBurn123 and dscaver like this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A new one for me: an actual George Wostenholm & Sons 'Celebrated IXL' frame back razor….:)
    wosty_FB_tang.jpg
    wosty_FB.jpg
    wosty_FB_scale.jpg

9. Delawhere?

Delawhere? Active Member

My new Muhle R89 twist, VDH brush

Attached Files:

10. Delawhere?

Delawhere? Active Member

Love personal customer service, shows they care about there clientele!

11. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Its nice. A good soap. But honestly mikes natural soaps coconut is way better.

12. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Looks like Tim went the extra mile - great work.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Hey Mark have you tried out the bowl yet? I like the look of the Captain choice but a little leery of trying to hold a bowl with wet hands and no handle.

Boojum1 likes this.
  14. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

My soap buying continues. Finally broke down and got it.

[​IMG]

15. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

You will not be disappointed :)

theFAT98 likes this.
  16. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I've used the Captain's Choice Lather Bowl daily for almost a year now, and have never had trouble keeping a good grip on it. It fits almost perfectly in the palm of my hand, and I place the pad of my thumb on the badge on the front of the bowl for extra purchase. Hasn't slipped yet. My only complaint is that I wish is was just a little larger in diameter at the top of the bowl to make lathering even easier.

Bama Samurai, Boojum1 and Jostalli like this.
  17. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Yes I did, yesterday. The bowl is 4 in in diameter and fits comfortably in the palm of the hand. The underside of the bowl has a non slip texture. The bottom of the bowl has ridges which made the lathering easy. Nice little, reasonably priced bowl.

Bama Samurai and Jostalli like this.
  19. Boojum1

Thanks for posting a picture of your Captain's Choice Lather Bowl Don.

Bama Samurai and figment714 like this.
  20. Boojum1

After reading @HolyRollah"s review of Valobra Menthol Soft Shave Soap I had to try it. Since it may be low on menthol I plan on adding some M-Bomb. Appearing soon in the SOTD thread. THX Kevin! :eatdrink047:

Valobra-1.jpg