Will you buy the Mongoose?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Sep 7, 2014.

?

Will you be buying the Mongoose?

1. Yes, I am drooling at the thought of a modern, SS SE razor!

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. No. Not at $149/not interested

65 vote(s)
    70.7%
  3. Yes but only the head when that option becomes available as I want to use it on my own handles

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

That's impressive, but until he shaves with his mother-in-law's false teeth, he ain't got nothin on me. LOL!!!

wristwatchb likes this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Well, I guess your're a night shaver since she uses them during the day. :shocked003: Just don't get confused and clean your Mongoose with Efferdent! :taunt002:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

So, with the grain mean means something different to you and mom-in-law? :D

CyanideMetal likes this.
  4. Delawhere?

Delawhere? Active Member

That does not make any more appealing price wise!

5. cgasucks

cgasucks New Member

While the all stainless steel construction is very appealing to me, specialty blades for it aren't that plentiful (unless I go online)...but then again, DE blades aren't that plentiful as well where I am in Canada...

6. jonmich

jonmich Member

If you go on line try:- http://www.italianbarber.com/razor-blades

7. cgasucks

cgasucks New Member

I am well aware that you can get blades online. What I was trying to say that DE blades aren't usually available in mass market brick and mortar stores in Canada, only cartridge blades. If they are its at ungodly prices (10 blades for $15).

8. jonmich

jonmich Member

It still may be worth your while bulk buying from Italian Barber online and paying shipping, as this is a Canadian site and all prices are in Can$.

9. cgasucks

cgasucks New Member

I recently bought 100 Rapira Supersteels at 11 cent/blade from Ebay (including shipping)....have you heard of them? I've got nothing but admiration for Italian Barber, but I would only buy from them if it makes their shipping costs worthwhile.

10. jonmich

jonmich Member

I agree Ebay seems the best place to buy DE blades, especially Russian blades.
    Recently bought 100 Rapira Super Stainless, cannot remember where I bought them from - most likely Ebay.
    IMHO these are just as good as Feather, maybe smoother and last longer.
    There is an interesting article by Jimbo, also lives in Canada about the expense of razor blades.
    http://www.oldjimbo.com/pics/shave/shaving.html

11. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Wait....you mean you can buy stuff without going online now?? Since when??

Darkbulb and clint64 like this.