Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Muffinhead

Muffinhead Well-Known Member

Last weekend my wife and I went to see "Black or White". Good message, but a so so movie. The week before we saw "Mordicai". A very funny movie. I have liked Johnny Depp in just about everything he has acted in.

The best movie i saw in 2014 was "The Judge". Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr. we're brilliant in this movie.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A very dark comedy. Not great but not bad.

[​IMG]

3. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

Watched "Pacific Rim" again. Yes it's cheesy, and yes it has occasional goofy dialog. But for all that is good and holy, it has a robot that beats the crap out of a monster with a cargo ship. Doesnt get much better than that...

Oh, have I mentioned I'm an eternal 12 year old? So there's that.

Mr. Shaverman and Darkbulb like this.
  4. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Saw Pacific Rim in IMAX when it came out. Not a thinker but awesome on that giant 3D screen.

drjenkins likes this.
  5. argus

argus enjoys hairy lady legs

[​IMG]

Great war movie!

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. drjenkins

I did too. Saw it once on a normal screen, then did the IMAX 3-D for my birthday that year.

trey06dmd and Darkbulb like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, gotta check that one out - it looks awesome.

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

With much trepidation, I watched via NetFlix "The Interview"—but I made it only about 40 minutes or so into it.
    Dreadful movie-making.
    Low-brow, sophomoric humor that no doubt many middle-school aged boys would enjoy—but since its rated R, they're excluded from viewing.

Lucky them.

9. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. :)

5Savages and txskimo like this.
  10. drjenkins

Made it further than I did. Got about 25 in and Franco just started wearing on my nerves.

I mean, I'm not at all above sophomoric humor, I love Billy Madison and have watched it more times than necessary. But I just couldn't get through The Interview.

trey06dmd likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I did watch the whole thing but I must admit about half-way through I started multi-tasking and sort of just had it in the background.
    I'd give it a 2.5/5

drjenkins likes this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not a movie but a TV show...

Last night a friend of mine convinced me that I had to give the TV show "The Americans" a chance.
    So, I watched the pilot episode last night and I have to say it does have a lot of interesting things going for it.
    I'll watch another couple of episodes to see if it holds my interest.

[​IMG]

13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Bag Man. On Netflix. Not bad.

Darkbulb likes this.
  14. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

Fury- Such an awesome movie. Pretty emotional for me but every war type movie is. I try and put myself in that position and I just can't imagine what others have gone through fighting for this country. I would like to think I would have the same courage if it came down to it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  15. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Fury....very sad movie.

16. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed most of the first season but towards the end I started losing interest. I tried to start watching the second season but found out one of the main story lines is about the daughter and I just can't stand that character.

txskimo likes this.
  17. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Over the Weekend I watched Million Dollar Baby with Clint Eastwood & Hillary Swank. Though I'm a fan of Clint Eastwood, I had avoided this movie because I thought I knew the plot and it seemed rather formulaic...the ending was a complete surprise to me. Clint was solid in his acting, but Hillary Swank...she was phenomenal. If not for her performance, I would have tired of this movie. I felt that after the big fight, the movie struggled to tell the rest of story.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

18. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Last movie I watched was "Field of Lost Shoes". A moving tale about the VMI Cadets fighting at the Battle of New Market in 1864.

Personally, I think that the best way the North Korean government could get revenge for that movie is to force Americans to watch it.

HolyRollah likes this.
  19. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Airplane Vs Volcano.

I'm so ashamed. lol

CyanideMetal and Darkbulb like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

:signs089: